Brine refill problem

Users who are viewing this thread

PatSea

Reaction score
I have a NorthStar automatic softner model NSC29UD. I am having a problem with the brine refill. It only refills with about 3 to 4 inches of water (est. @ < 1 gal.). With so little brine water I get an incomplete regen and we run out of soft water after about 1 day. (My wife and I average about 60 gallons of water useage per day.) To prove my theory I manually added about 4 gallons of water to the salt tank and did a regen. We had plenty of soft water for a full 5 days until the next regen.
So my question is what is causing the brine tank not to refill with enough water? How do I repair it?
Thanks.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the float is to far dpwn and closing off the refill sooner than it should.
Try moving that white float up the shaft some and see if that works..

PatSea

Reaction score
I checked the float and it is located properly and slides freely. I really don't think it is the float system. Could it be something in the control? I took the fill tube off at the bottom of the venturi and didn't see anything, no dirt etc. Any more ideas?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try moving the white float farther up the shaft that it is on and send the unit into a regeneration and see what closes of stops the water first, time or float and get back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks