richard

Users who are viewing this thread

glaeser

richard
Reaction score
I have a problem with my well. the well pump is a pentex 10sp4co2j-04 pump.5 yrs old.A 30/50 pumptrol presure switch (new) and a wx205-well-x-trol presure tank.(20yrs0ld)

The problem is that the water flow stops completely for a second till the presure switch kicks in. 30lbs.
then i have water cause the pump is now working, i have the tank set at 28lbs.

It also takes about 2 minutes for the pressure to get to 50lbs.

I also changed pressure gauge then the pressure readings were 20/ 40

any ideas

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Where is the pressure gauge installed in the system?

I would start be removing the pressure switch and making sure there is no blockage in the pipe. It is common for the small line to become restricted.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you have a 20/40 switch with 28 PSI air in the tank, you will always see the water stop coming out the faucet before the pump starts. Let the air out to 18 PSI, or turn the pressure switch up to 30/50.

glaeser

richard
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your help. I did what everyone sugested still the same. But i noticed that when the pump shuts off at 50psi thee pressure on the gauge continues to rise up to almost 75psi.is thee wel-x-trol shot I need help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks