(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    That's not the British way Redwood.

Stiff upper lip and if push comes to shove you punch them. Even Camilla and Charles, who was up for a fight.

And they got home safe without a shot being fired.

Guns are for cowards.

If only one off their daddies had taught them how to fight, perhaps they wouldn't have needed those helmets and guns?

God Save the King and keep the crown!
    Ahhh British History through the Rose tinted goggles of Ian Gills...

Name:  rose_colored_glasses.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  18.0 KB

St. Brice's Day massacre

Smerwick (Dun an Oir) massacre

Bolton Massacre

Massacre of Glencoe

Massacre of St George's Fields

Boston Massacre

Baylor Massacre

Waxhaw Massacre

Peterloo Massacre

Waterloo Creek massacre

Myall Creek massacre

Gippsland massacres

Amritsar massacre

Croke Park Massacre

Qissa Khwani bazaar massacre

Batang Kali massacre

Bloody Sunday (1972)

Miami Showband massacre

Hungerford massacre

Milltown Cemetery attack

Greysteel massacre

Loughinisland massacre

Dunblane massacre

Port Arthur massacre

My My that seems to be a long list of civilized behavior....
    It seems as though British troops, Loyalists, Colonies, and even British Civilians with outlawed guns have a long history of Massacres even in recent history...

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Yes, but most of those were just defending our "freedom" and our "values". Besides, civillians have never carried them.

Like Joe half-wit does here.

Guns should be regulated. Like water heaters, they can be dangerous.

I want Government involved in your guns.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-13-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Yes, but most of those were just defending our "freedom" and our "values". Besides, civillians have never carried them.
    On 13 March 1996, unemployed former shopkeeper and former Scout leader Thomas Watt Hamilton (born Thomas Watt, Jr. 10 May 1952) walked into the Dunblane Primary School armed with two 9 mm Browning HP pistols and two Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolvers, all legally held. He was carrying 743 cartridges, and fired his weapons 109 times. The subsequent police investigation revealed that Hamilton had loaded the magazines for his Browning with an alternating combination of full-metal-jacket and hollow-point ammunition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

I guess unemployed shop keepers aren't civilians...

And those school kids were a threat to your freedom and values...
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-13-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Yes, but in contrast such events are almost monthly events in America where stupid people are allowed to own guns, as lawmakers sit idly by.

Besides, weapons of that type are now illegal in England since new gun control legislation inspired by the massacre went on to the statute book. Your lawmakers seem to think gun massacres in America are OK and choose not to regulate. Because America does not value human life nor the wellbeing of its citizens.

As of 1997 handguns have been almost completely banned for private ownership in England. Exceptions to the ban include muzzle-loading "blackpowder" guns, pistols produced before 1917, pistols of historical interest (such as pistols used in notable crimes, rare prototypes, unusual serial numbers and so on), starting pistols, pistols that are of particular aesthetic interest (such as engraved or jewelled guns) and shot pistols for pest control. Even the UK's Olympic shooters fall under this ban; shooters can only train in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or abroad.

In America, any idiot can own a gun. And since access to a good, free education is limited here you can do the math on how many idiots reside here. Add to that the fact that clever people choose not to own guns and you really have an American crisis.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-14-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Besides, weapons of that type are now illegal in England since new gun control legislation inspired by the massacre went on to the statute book. Your lawmakers seem to think gun massacres in America are OK and choose not to regulate. Because America does not value human life nor the wellbeing of its citizens.

As of 1997 handguns have been almost completely banned for private ownership in England. Exceptions to the ban include muzzle-loading "blackpowder" guns, pistols produced before 1917, pistols of historical interest (such as pistols used in notable crimes, rare prototypes, unusual serial numbers and so on), starting pistols, pistols that are of particular aesthetic interest (such as engraved or jewelled guns) and shot pistols for pest control. Even the UK's Olympic shooters fall under this ban; shooters can only train in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or abroad.
    So then only a criminal with no regard for the law can own a gun in England...

I find that comforting....

Like it or not, it becomes very easy to identify the bad guys if they are the only ones with the guns.

If a cop stops me there, I get out of my car.

Here I would get shot.

Regulate guns. They are dangerous. Especially for law enforcement.

In 2005/6 the police in England and Wales reported 50 gun homicides. By way of international comparison, in 2004 the police in the United States reported 9,326 gun homicides.

And your country is just five times bigger than mine. Do the math.

Guns are for cowards. Not many ordinary people are willing to kill with their own hands.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-14-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Guns? Folks in my county got guns. Can't say it always makes me feel safe and secure though.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/11...the-tea-party/

(Yeah, yeah, the article has an agenda. I didn't even look at the links. However, everything in the article referring to people &/or events that happened in the nearby town of Hamilton concurs with what I saw with my own eyes, read in the local newspapers or heard second hand - before this was written.)

Just sayin'
    Last edited by asktom; 12-14-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Another American exercising his rights under the Second Amendment.

It is time to separate Americans from their Constitution if this is what is happening here.

This is from the stressed out society we live in. This could be any county,not just ours. This is so sad. And, so unfortunate.

This is the time of the year, when for so many times are not happy. People who have never lost anything, a person, a job, at this time of the year doesn't realize how hard it is.

This is for me, the hardest time of the year. If I explained, no one would really care, or even understand.

But, for that man who died, his family, the people in the room, my heart goes out to all of them.

Guns, Ian, is not what kills. That is what you got wrong. That is what no matter how good your heart is you may never understand.

What needs fixed is what lies underneath. Any weapon of choice to act on will work. It can be guns, sticks, bombs, anything, those are just the tools, it is what causes those to do the acts that needs addressed.

Chris Rock had an interesting idea!

Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost $5,000. Because if a bullet cost $5,000, we wouldn't have any innocent bystanders. That'd be it. Every time someone gets shot, people will be like, ''Damn, he must have did something. S**t, they put $20,000 worth of bullets in his ass.'' People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000. ''Man, l would blow your f**king head off, if l could afford it. l'm gonna get me another job, l'm gonna start saving some money, and you're a dead man! You better hope l can't get no bullets on layaway.''

Yes, he did have a point.

wow that school board shooting video is disturbing.
    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me? -Jack Handy

www.blackbirdkitchenandbath.com

You can eliminate all the nukes and weapons in the world, but if a person wants to harm another, he will find a way.

The solution is to eliminate the thought process which makes them want to do it in the beginning.

The solution is to eliminate the thought process which makes them want to do it in the beginning.
    I always knew Capitalist America and Communist Russia were one and the same.

HA. Not what I meant at all, now... I thought you were smart enough to understand.
    We need a less stressful existence. It could start in elementary school. For one, American could stop doing so-called, Achievement tests and then,applying those grades in comparision to test results in China, where kids go to school 7 days a week, 12 hour days; where, the suicide rate is high. Stress takes its toll.

There are many ways to eliminate negative things in society, but reducing the pressure is a good place to start. Then, the need and desire for aggression would diminish as would, the wants for a weapon.