(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I agree. And a good way to lower stress is to have good social safety nets (such as generous unemployment benefits), universal health care and free education.

You'd all be a lot more relaxed with those kind of things. So the rich would pay a little more tax but who really cares? I don't know anyone who is rich anyway. I doubt you do either.

Why does everyone in this country look out for the rich so much when so few people here are wealthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You can eliminate all the nukes and weapons in the world, but if a person wants to harm another, he will find a way
    Like in the UK were only criminals can own guns.
    If a regular citizen gets pushed over the line they whip out a knife and stab you to death...

Only the method changes the end result is the same...

Somebody Dies!

99% of all the cowardly Americans that own guns would not have the guts to attack someone using a knife.

That is my point.

Guns depersonalize the killer from the killing. That is why they are for cowards.

I quite like Americans. I just don't like seeing them shoot each other.

So regulate guns. Like you regulate water heaters. And everything will be fine. And American boys will be braver.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-17-2010 at 04:39 PM.

England will have to eventually change, as terrorism progresses, which it will.

No country would ever choose to legalize guns after the slaughter we continue to see in the United States where gun ownership is allowed.

Those awful terrorists can only dream of being able to kill the amount of Americans that Americans manage to kill themselves.

9/11 was a puny 3000 American lives in comparison. There are more than three times more American homicides involving guns every year!

Yes, that's three 9/11s involving Americans killing other Americans....every year! And you just sit back and watch.

It looks like America is quite happy for Americans to kill Americans but when it's Muslims doing the killing they start to have a problem.

Weird eh?

So, no, on this one the English will not follow. We'll pass on the guns, thanks. You have taught the world a very valuable lesson through your stupidity. And in case we might forget, you continue to demonstrate it. With 10,000 lives, needlessly lost year after year.

Ban the NRA. Ban the Tea Party. And regulate guns like you do water heaters and airport security. Remember....that's three 9/11s every year caused by your silly Second Amendment. I say it's about time we Amended that Amendment!

I really like American people. Why do Americans not value their own lives? Is it the churches? What are they teaching you there? That shooting people is OK? I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-18-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Hmm... look how many lives an airplane was capable of taking being used as a weapon of choice.

Remember the aftermath of it all.Not just the deaths. People who will suffer emotionally and physicially due to the terror of it, and to the release of toxic materials in the air. No, Ian, you cannot compare 911 to guns. No country is immuned to what happened that day, any country could be next. Too bad, no one aboard those planes didn't have a gun. The results could had been different.
    Last edited by Cookie; 12-19-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Thankfully, owning a Boeing 747 is regulated in the US. As is the installation of a gas water heater.

Not so with guns. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can own one. And hurt someone with it.

We need to regulate firearms so they become less dangerous.

And I bet those school board members have been as emotionally affected as any 9/11 hero.

Thanks to one man and the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-19-2010 at 04:10 PM.

No comparison. If one man would had a gun aboard those planes, think how many lives that one gun would had saved. Think of how much suffering it would had saved. How can anyone ever forget people jumping to their deaths? and, the video of the dancing in the streets, after they saw the footage of us Americans on 911.

Anything can be a weapon. Even a shoe. Remember the shoe bomber? What next, ban shoes?

Ian,
    Apparently not all of your countrymen (and women) agree with your stance on gun control, or for that matter the role of big government:

http://debate2010.telegraph.co.uk/id...00000004Cf&p=1

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Ian,
    Apparently not all of your countrymen (and women) agree with your stance on gun control, or for that matter the role of big government:

http://debate2010.telegraph.co.uk/id...00000004Cf&p=1
    The poll attached to that was most telling.
    Apparently Ian has a Minority Viewpoint there as well.

I bet none of the people that voted in the poll have ever come to the United States to see the continual blood bath and carnage that is a direct result of the second Amendment and strong pro-gun lobbies such as the NRA.

Every night on my local news someone is being murdered as a result of gun crime.

In most other countries, such news would be national. I hope that puts things into perspective. Americans have just been so numbed by all the pain, suffering and death that is around them that they don't seem to notice any more. Of course they don't really care anyway because they are bought up by their parents to only worry about themselves rather than the suffering of their neighbor. Which is why they hate paying taxes for things like schools and hospitals. Who cares if the neighbor's kid is sick and stupid? Certainly not Americans.

Palin is welcome to keep her gun. But she is out of touch with America. Most of us do not live in Alaska where the bears run wild.

Most of us have jobs in the city to go to. And shops where we buy our food. Poor old Palin has to hunt for hers.

What's your excuse? We need to regulate guns like we regulate electrical panels.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-20-2010 at 11:32 AM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

QUOTE=Ian Gills;281980]I bet none of the people that voted in the poll have ever come to the United States to see the continual blood bath and carnage that is a direct result of the second Amendment and strong pro-gun lobbies such as the NRA.

Every night on my local news someone is being murdered as a result of gun crime.

In most other countries, such news would be national. I hope that puts things into perspective. Americans have just been so numbed by all the pain, suffering and death that is around them that they don't seem to notice any more. Of course they don't really care anyway because they are bought up by their parents to only worry about themselves rather than the suffering of their neighbor. Which is why they hate paying taxes for things like schools and hospitals. Who cares if the neighbor's kid is sick and stupid? Certainly not Americans.

Palin is welcome to keep her gun. But she is out of touch with America. Most of us do not live in Alaska where the bears run wild.

Most of us have jobs in the city to go to. And shops where we buy our food. Poor old Palin has to hunt for hers.

What's your excuse? We need to regulate guns like we regulate electrical panels.[/QUOTE]

Amazing that no one responded to this drivel! had to ressurect it.

1] 'Gun' buying has multi layers of regulation. You wont get one, unless you go into the ghetto and get one through your car window like the criminals in England do it

2] 80% of those gun deaths are criminal moron killing bigger criminal moron, a blessing; 10% imbecile married couples shooting one another, and the the remainder random and predictable acts of robbery and mayhem.

3] Any brain dead zombie can buy and change his electrical panel from the neighborhood store, and unless he erects a sign on the street saying he is doing so, he can kill a covey of kids in the future without much liability.

4] If you want to save lives, teach Americans how to drive. By the death level in autos, they should be far more regulated than guns. Thats 30 to 50,000 per year and triple that for paralyzed persons. Its reducing only because of better air bags and engineering - the drivers are still not taught how to drive.

5] want to see real acts of gun violence? Read the Mexican and Columbian news.

6] North America is just a one point above Europe for 'intentional' murder rates. We just do it faster instead of with clubs and knives. Wanna die? go to Africa. Or certain parts of Washington DC.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

And not many will read this, but Ian, its right up your alley:

http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/I.../BritvsUSA.htm

Name:  Homicide-world.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  28.7 KB[
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.

[
    QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Thankfully, owning a Boeing 747 is regulated in the US. As is the installation of a gas water heater.

Not so with guns. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can own one. And hurt someone with it.

We need to regulate firearms so they become less dangerous.
    It's a gorgeous fall day here in Iowa. I am planning on doing my parental duty today by playing hooky with one of my sons. I intend to take him out early from school today and teach him how to use a handgun. I have a S&W model 41, which is a good quality .22 automatic. We will go to a free public handgun range which is provided by the U.S. Army's Corps of Engineers. That is my idea of an appropriate government "regulation" of firearms which makes them less dangerous. The range was recently refurbished as part of an Eagle Scout's public service project and is quite nice. My son is 12, which is a good age for this activity.

The design of guns should be Federally regulated so they do not go off by accident, for example if the safety is on.

At least that would be a nice start.

Other products are tested and inspected. Why not guns?

We need to get Government involved in firearms. Like they are in liquor.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-03-2011 at 10:02 AM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

All new handguns must meet a severe drop test with safety on or off and not discharge. Amonst others. They are VERY involved.

But before you continue the tirade, check the world murder rate. I'd rather be shot than be hacked with a sword or sharpened leaf spring.

Shot another feral, likely rabid cat from my balcony yesterday. More dangerous than Palins grizzly bears.

Then came home late and found my giant German Shepherd playing with either a fox or coyote in the yard. Guess he is bored. These we need to eat the cats.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.