(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Default This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Why be upset because you have to pay your way? Student loans is a way of life. My kids was alittle over 17 grand a year. They pay monthly loans. I paid 5 grand a year for each son, they pay the rest. I am very proud of them. I would be ashamed of them if they didn't want to pay their own way. You want to dance you got to pay the fiddler.

And, that mob doesn't look benign to me.
    Last edited by Cookie; 12-09-2010 at 01:11 PM.

As I have said before. We pay taxes so we have expectations from our Government. And when those expectations are not met, we protest.

Americans are suckers because they also pay taxes but don't want anything from their Government. Paying the fiddler but not wanting to dance. And they're too lazy to kick up a fuss.

Plus your police have guns so everyone's afraid to speak out. There goes freedom....again.

I read where they raised the tuition 3x's the amount, that sounds like your taxes were not high enough in the beginning or raising as they should over increments so, this protest wouldn't happen.

I read where, they attacked the Prince, where is the correct security? And, flares were being thrown. Bottles, flares, breaking windows in the prince's car, that is shameful.

We do like a fight. In some ways it is cultural.

I am not inspired by it, Ian. I think peaceful is the operative word in demonstrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    We do like a fight. In some ways it is cultural.
    As is getting your nose bloodied...

From the looks of Camilla in this picture she wishes the Ohio State National Guard was on hand at this demonstration...

Last edited by Redwood; 12-11-2010 at 12:00 PM.

That's not the British way Redwood.

Stiff upper lip and if push comes to shove you punch them. Even Camilla and Charles, who was up for a fight.

And they got home safe without a shot being fired.

Guns are for cowards.

Guns are for Americans.

Your daddy taught you no other way. So blame him. And his daddy. Her daddy never taught her how to fight.

They were all small on the boat that came over, you see. It runs in the family, like the Ohio State National Guard.

If only one off their daddies had taught them how to fight, perhaps they wouldn't have needed those helmets and guns?

But no. If a couple of eighteen-year old kids riot in America, bring out the army! Send out the lady with her gun.

That's what happens when you lose a King and gain far too many churches.

God Save the King and keep the crown!

Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-11-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Stiff upper lip and if push comes to shove you punch them. Even Camilla and Charles, who was up for a fight.

Yea this is a stiff upper lip alright.

I assume the Royal Laundry was busy washing the royal undies that night...

And perhaps the Royal Limo has a few new pine tree air fresheners hanging in it...

Instead of a protection detail with guns the driver had to use the car as a weapon as he mashed the gas and sped away through the crowd...

In the picture below I don't think Chuck was going to step out and protect his wife....

Yeah, my daddy was good enough to fight in your country, for your country and no one just threw sticks at him.

She's probably just after his money.

Guns are for cowards.

Guns are for Americans.

Your daddy taught you no other way. So blame him. And his daddy. Her daddy never taught her how to fight.

They were all small on the boat that came over, you see. It runs in the family, like the Ohio State National Guard.

If only one off their daddies had taught them how to fight, perhaps they wouldn't have needed those helmets and guns?

But no. If a couple of eighteen-year old kids riot in America, bring out the army! Send out the lady with her gun.

That's what happens when you lose a King and gain far too many churches.

God Save the King and keep the crown!

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-2157412.html

"Off with their heads!"

"But the fact is that this is the worst show of hostility any of the royals have had to face on London's streets in living memory, other than from Irish terrorists. Now that it has happened once, it could happen again, and, as the public spending cuts deepen, Charles and his wife may wonder whether one is altogether safe behind the reinforced windows of a conspicuous Rolls-Royce."

Hrmm.. Kinda conflicting with the topic of this thread don't ya think?
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

I liked this one...

We're powerless to prevent more violence, police forced to admit

By Nigel Morris and Oliver Wright Saturday, 11 December 2010, The Independent, London - Senior politicians last night privately admitted that police do not have the capacity to prevent future outbreaks of vandalism and violence in central London.

With further student demonstrations planned after Christmas, ministers and the Mayor of London Boris Johnson have concluded the police could have done nothing more to prevent the scale of the disturbances.

But they expressed concern that protesters were able to attack a Rolls-Royce carrying the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall as they travelled through the West End. Camilla was seen being prodded in the ribs with a stick through the open window of their vehicle as she and Prince Charles were driven to the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium.....

Downing Street later said Mr Cameron had full confidence in the Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and policing of the protest but said there was concern over Prince Charles.

"Clearly there was a specific issue about what happened to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall yesterday and that is being looked at and we are not going to pre-judge that."

One senior Government source told The Independent: "Clearly things did not go as well as could be hoped – people here weren't desperately happy. We need to get to the bottom of what happened."

The was also disquiet that Sir Paul used a radio interview to suggest the officers protecting Charles and Camilla had shown restraint by not opening fire on the mob chasing the car.

Sir Paul told Radio 4's Today programme: "I do think that the officers who were protecting their Royal Highnesses showed very real restraint – some of those officers were armed....
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-2157413.html

I didn't realize the security detail was French....

They had guns but didn't know how to use them.

Ian I thinks ya gotta take off the glasses...
    The tint seems to interfere with a clear vision...

Name:  rose_colored_glasses.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  18.0 KB
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-12-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Your sorry excuse for a police force would have just opened fire.

That's all they are trained to do here.