Korky refill valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Bubb1957

Reaction score
Are there any other valves other than Korky that will work in the Toto Drakes? I have to replace the Korky about once a year. Its not that expensive, but are there any other options out there?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto has two valves made for them on that toilet that I'm aware of (may not be exhaustive). One of them is the Korky, not sure who makes the other one. Are you aware that on the Korky, generally the only wear part is replaceable in about a minute for about $3? to minimize the water wastage, Toto has the valves fine-tuned to balance the tank/bowl fill rates so both fill at the proper time. Otherwise, you either end up with too little in the bowl (compromising performance), or having the excess just go down the drain. If you are on a well, it may just be some debris that gets caught in the seal, and if you clean the filter and the seal, it may go for another year. If it is because the municipal water supply uses a high concentration of chemicals, then you're stuck...rubber parts age quicker when they are present.

Bubb1957

Reaction score
My valve starts to "sputter" now just before its done filling, I may just try to quick fix you mentioned, but after doing more research on here and other sites, I ordered a Lavelle 528T. 5 year warranty on that one and will fill the bowl a little more also.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 528T does fill the bowl better.
The repair cap fits either the 528 or the 528T, and can be bought for $2.47 at Lowes.
www.terrylove.com/korky

Now Korky has a MaxPERFORMANCE model that lets you adjust the water level in the tank and in the bowl.

korky_max.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
ANY toilet fill valve will fill the tank...the shutoff is determined by that water depth. BUT, once that is full, if the bowl isn't already full, the toilet won't flush properly. Directing more water to the bowl will only run down the drain once it gets to the max...the only way to fill a bowl more is if it is plugged up! Some aftermarket valves I've heard, allow adjustment of the tank/bowl ratio...most don't, and if not correct, will either waste water or not flush well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I use the standard Fluidmaster with no problems whatsoever.
hj

I've seen a standard Fluidmaster overfill a bowl by two gallons. No problem for the plumber at all if two extra gallons go down the drain everytime a toilet is flushed.
Not so good for the homeowner.
The ideal setting would be that the bowl "just" fills, as the tank reaches it's highest water mark.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks