12" toilet on a 14" rough in on concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Quinn

Reaction score
I have an extremely small bathroom with a 14†rough in on a concrete slab. The toilet that’s in there now I suspect is over 30 years old. It sits 2†from the back wall (wasted 2â€) and there’s barely 15†from the front of the toilet to the opposite wall. Very small bathroom.

1. Need to find a way to install a 12†toilet on this 14†rough in to reclaim the 2†in back of the toilet that’s currently wasted space, without breaking up the concrete on this floor.

2. Need to find the smallest toilet (lengthwise) available to get as much space from the front of the toilet to the opposite wall. (smallest seems to be the Kohler Realto which is 25½†in length)

I’ve heard about a rough in adaptor which can adapt a 12†toilet to a 14†rough in. Do you know where I can find it and can it be used with any standard toilet?

OR

How I can adapt this 12†Kohler Realto toilet to the 14†rough in so it'll sit closer to the back wall (reclaiming that wasted 2") and also allow much needed space in front of it?

Thanks for any help.

Quinn

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, you need to verify the rough-in...measure from the bolts holding the toilet to the flange to the finished wall behind it. If this is indeed 14", then you need a 14" rough-in toilet. When installed, it would normally have about 1/2" or less behind the toilet to the wall. Sounds like you may have a 12" rough-in toilet on a flange set 14" from the wall, thus the large clearance behind it. Most 14" rough-in toilets are no longer than a 12" one, it is just that the trap and bolt holes are relocated (although some are longer). Toto's that are skirted use their Uni-fit adapter. It lets the same toilet work with the standard 12", or by changing the adapter, to either a 10" or 14" rough-in flange location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks