Can We Start a "FIREPLACE" Segment in the Forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

kailor

Reaction score
Terry,

Is it possible for you to start a "FIREPLACE" segment in the forums? Being winter time, may folks may have questions/issues about their gas or real fireplace.

I have a Monessen BDV36 (?) gas fireplace insert (direct-vented up through chimney). I leave the pilot on all year. When I turn on the fireplace and leave the room for a while and then come back the fireplace will have gone out but the pilot light ALWAYS stays lit. The fireplace will usually run for about 45 minutes to an hour before going out. What might be causing this to happen? Should not the fireplace stay on until I choose to turn it off? Thanks in advance.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of two things it has a thermostat maybe built into the gas valve and reachs the
temputure setting

or # 2 it is closes off on the high limit thermostat to keep from burning down your house

sarahjohnston89

Reaction score
Fireplace Replacement parts

I never realized how much I take my fireplace for granted until I had to replace a part for it. I turn it on every day with out even thinking about it. My house stays warm and that where my thought stops. My husband told me that we needed a new switch and he might as well have been speaking a foreign language because I didn't even know where to look. His sister gave me a website and in a matter of minutes I found the part I needed and had it ordered. http://www.ibuyfireplaceparts.com/10001393.html I got the switch in 3 days and my fireplace was as good as new. I really don't think it gets any simpler then that. If I can do it any one can !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks