(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I learned from the cops today

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Of course it is. My country's past is your country's past. We used to own the place!

And we ran it better too.

A firearm is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

That all sounds very progressive to me. But I like it.

Taxes and welfare payments are the only financial instruments that puts a 100 pound homeless woman on an equal footing with a 220-pound millionaire, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old banker, and minorities on equal footing with white Americans. Taxes and welfare payments remove disparities in income, eductation, or priviledge between a potential poor person and a rich one.

When I pay a tax, I don't do so because I am religious, but because I'm looking after my neighbors. The tax means that I do not have to give money to the church, because it is taken from me automaticallty in my pay check. I don't pay them because I'm charitable, but because they enable me to be charitable even if I do not want to be. Welfare payments do not limit the actions of those who are so poor they might starve without them, only the tax payments from those that are so rich they might not make them if left to the church or charity alone. They remove income from the equation... And that's why taxes and welfare payments are civilized acts.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-13-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Tea Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
    Carrying a gun is a dominant strategy.
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

What kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Tea Anyone?

I hold you all responsible for that.

I am a coffee drinker.

I'm Irish but I wasn't around for that...

We did a few other things to you pesky brits that overstayed your welcome...

Boom BBBWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What kind?
    Salty pretty damn salty...

I'm Irish but I wasn't around for that...

We did a few other things to you pesky brits that overstayed your welcome...

Boom BBBWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yes, but before that we had a lot of fun with the pesky Catholics that lived there.

Ha,lol. At work tonite a nun came in who knew me from prior days, and heard I lost my husband, she asked if I wanted to join up. To be honest, I have given it some thought, even before tonite, but, I am taking classes to be a first rate home inspector, ... and, my shoes, well, they won't match. Catholics are great people, give us a chance. My own dad changed faith for my mom. The part of Ireland he was from didn't like the Catholics either, but then... he met this woman with nice red hair and her religion didn't matter and neither did his. We are peaceful and loving, gentle people, so get it right. lol

or... I can get out the ruler.
    Last edited by Cookie; 12-16-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Actually from what I see the IRA was quite helpful in getting ugly 1960's architecture redeveloped...
    Take for instance Corporation St. in Manchester...
    A 3,300lb bomb brought it down rather nicely...

After several years of rebuilding they have a downtown to be proud of...

http://www.johncoulthart.com/feuille...nchester-bomb/
    Last edited by Redwood; 12-17-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Interesting.

I wonder what the New York skyline will look like when they finally replace the World Trade Centre Towers with whatever they’ve chosen.

Terrorism is NEVER the right thing to do.

But the Irish were cowards. Like the 9/11 terrorists.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Seriously now, tax chocolate, tea, donuts, candy and coffee like cigarettes, legalize and tax marijuana, and we can cut the onerous income taxes. Give those over 65 a card to eliminate their tax on those items.

Also add in BIG taxes on motorhomes, atv's, go carts, and cars costing over 30,000$ unless electric.

And motorhomes should buy "highway stickers" for a huge fee like in Europe.

And golf: minimum $100 tax per player per round played. They should be home maintaining the car and house.

2$ per head for every person attending a pro sports event.

5$ for boxing, 25$ per head for extreme fighting matches. 50$ per head for skiers.

Americas gasoline consumption just dropped 45%.

The most important one? Legalization of prostitution with nice taxes and health monitoring. No more rapes, and this alone might allow the ski tax to drop to 5 or ten bucks. Full pensions for the girls [and guys] after 15 years. Divorce rates would drop 80%

Registered sex offenders get a 75% discount card for the houses of good repute, and discounted taxi service to the location.

Give tax credits for buying guns, however. The chinese are coming and the police are overworked.... although with prostitution legal, they would have time to fight REAL crime.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 12-18-2010 at 01:27 PM.