Toilet Bowl loses water slowly, not all water

Users who are viewing this thread

Artw

Reaction score
Hi,

Just replaced upstairs toilet. It loses water in the bowl gradually gets to a certain level each time, doesnt completely drain. From reading previous posts sounds like a crack in the bowl.

It's the 1st time I've installed a toilet & was real concerned about getting the wax ring set right.

Another thing that happens. Once I've flushed it & the bowl fills I take a plunger & put it into the water & it basically has no suction & just pushes the water level down.

Normally if there's a crack does this leak into the actual pipe or is this damaging the floor? It's an upstairs toilet, so far ceiling is not wet on 1st floor & floor in bathroom is dry.

Regards,

Art W.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It depends on "where" the crack is.
If you fill the bowl slowly, and the level goes down, that's not good.

If you have a second toilet, sometimes a flush that will force water out of a bowl when it's next door.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks