baseboard solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I currently have a multi zone hydronic system. I just re modeled an entire room that had fin baseboard (Ripped it out ready for new.). The rest of the house has radiators. I always felt that room a bit cold.
Am I better off putting in a radiator instead of fin baseboard?
Are there better baseboards than fins?
Something with more thermal mass?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Fin baseboard radiates heat in a different manner than CI radiators. The spec sheet on fin radiators will indicate how much heat per foot it produces at any specific temperature. You'd need a heat loss analysis to see how much actual heat that room needs, then match the length of the fin radiators to the heat requirement. Same thing with the CI radiator. Depending on the temp you run the water in the boiler and the heat loss of the room, you may need to raise it to get the needed heat with the available wall space for the heaters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks