(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Installing softener in 2 story house with washer drain upstairs

Default Installing softener in 2 story house with washer drain upstairs

We recently moved into a two story house that appears to not be softener installation friendly The laundry room drain is located upstairs and the water main itself is located off of the living room rather than on the garage side of the house like the other house we lived in. I have been going around with my husband about whether or not putting one in this house is even doable, plus we need to replace the head unit on the softener anyway since the dial broke on it about 8 months ago (an old Fleck system). So my question is--is it worth the hassle to put one in this house?

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Is it possible to install the unit outside? Is it possible to reroute the main water to the garage? More info is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by aross1974 View Post
    We recently moved into a two story house that appears to not be softener installation friendly The laundry room drain is located upstairs and the water main itself is located off of the living room rather than on the garage side of the house like the other house we lived in. I have been going around with my husband about whether or not putting one in this house is even doable, plus we need to replace the head unit on the softener anyway since the dial broke on it about 8 months ago (an old Fleck system). So my question is--is it worth the hassle to put one in this house?
    Does this house have a system right now?
    Is it that the system is just not working?