The Other Stall

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You ask them what it looks like.
They know what their vehicle looks like but can't find it after wandering around the parking lot in broad daylight ... and by now don't know what area to look in, and I'm to ask them what it looks like and somehow I can go find their car for them. Now THAT is funny.

Cookie

Reaction score
Gary, do you think that 3 pair of eyes can see better than one? Can you add 1+1+1=3? C a n y o u c o m p r e h e n d ?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My daughter has a back up camera for the dash, and she still backed into something.
So then she lent the car to her FIL, and he backed into something too.
It was a nice pristine Honda Mini Van when she started backing into things with it.

I learned to drive on a long driveway, it was long enough that I was able to ship up and down the gears on it, and backing up? I did plenty of that.
One time in high school, I drove from Redmond High to the intersection to the west, maybe a mile, backwards at about 25 miles an hour.
And the Bravern in Bellevue, there used to be a Dairy Queen there, one time I drove around that several times backwards really fast.
Now if I ever caught my kids doing that, I would shake them something fierce.

I now live where the kids come around the corner in a four wheel drift, and non of the older guys can say anything, cause we all did it when we were that age.
Now I drive nice and slow in the neighborhood, everyone knows where I live. And I'm not eighteen anymore.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Until I was about 22 I was the 4 wheel drift type. Never put a scratch or dent on anything. How I didn't kill myself or someone else is a miracle.

Using a roof mounted driver's side spotlight I backed an 18 wheeler up one night about a mile on a windy hilly country 2 lane because of a low railroad overpass that I couldn't get under. That was the last time I wanted to do anything like that.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Me too but the folks I mentioned are not in a laughing or humorous mood.

No, I don't suppose they are. Seems though at such times it's better to react with compassion and understanding than derision.

We winter in Florida so we see folks having those issues all the time. Maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive but then again, when they drive, they buy things and that puts people to work so there's always a couple of ways to look at things. I guess I'm never in so much of a hurry that I can't either wait or be of some help.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
I don't recall saying that anyone shouldn't be allowed to drive and I certainly don't support that because they have problems backing up.

When I see people having difficulty backing up, I'm at or in my parked motor home or in my Jeep in a parking space outside a store etc. waiting for the wife to get done shopping etc.. I don't think many people would take kindly to my offer to help them back up while they are having a problem backing up but I used to do that many years ago, and quit.

Sometimes I speak to an RVer that has had a problem backing into a RV site a day or two later and I mention his problem. I explain that I used to drive tractor trailers and give him a hint on how to do it without all the back'n forth for a half hour.I did that a few weeks ago with a lady with a 5th wheel trailer. No one has gotten upset with that but then they have calmed down and can see some humor in it and they all have thanked me. But I'm selective in who I talk to about it, some would not be happy talking about it and my experience is they don't want to talk about it or any 'help' or hints; they get upset.

Cookie

Reaction score
What's your hints? I was 14+ driving a Preston rig, 18 wheeler, with my dad. I backed them up right into loading docks, backed up a mile when the road was too windy to make turns, so what is your hints? Got your ears on, is this a big 10-4 buddy?

Cookie

Reaction score
My boss stopped buying paper towels now. So, come the next work day, instead of using my clothes to dry my hands, I am going to walk out of the rest room, with a huge pile of TP drying my hands with it., lol,

and...

for Xmas... guess what I am buying her?

:)

( it is a good thing,I am dependable since, anyone is replaceable.)

I need votes:

1.TP?
or
2. A copy of my "art" she will hate so much? :)

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
To paraphrase Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment, buy her something that will "kill the bug up her @$$".

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, Xmas has gone and went and what did I buy the boss lady for it?
( nothing) :)

Am I proud of this?

( yep) :)

Would I do it again?
(Yep)

Did it feel good?
(Yep) :)

Am I still working there?
(Yep) :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks