The Other Stall

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
A girlfriend sent this, and I found it quite funny,
lol.

Have any of you experienced this sort of thing? (What is missing is the picture of 2 bathroom stalls):

The other stall

Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me,
But I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"??

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"
Then I hear the person say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I also hate it when people rush to the front at a gas station to pump gas.
There is no way I'm backing up at a gas station. I'm only going forward.
Too many things can happen when backing up. I'll read a newspaper first.

I tell the people that work for me, don't back up if you don't have to, way too many accidents can happen that way.
I even prefer pulling into parking spaces where I can pull straight through.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, he started to walk back towards my car and I guess he thought I would coward and shut the door, locking it, being scared out of my mind... nah, I opened my car door wider, started to get out and he turned and walked back getting into his and rode away. Boy did he ever look surprised. :)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I even prefer pulling into parking spaces where I can pull straight through.

I almost failed my US driving test doing that. During the same test, I also set off with the handbrake on.

And yet still passed.

You gotta love America. They let anyone on the roads!

Thankfully I was properly trained in the UK, and was just tired on the day of the test after convincing the DMV I should be allowed to take the test in a hire car. Which is another story.

I have never worked out how in America you are expected to provide a car to take your driving test but can't own a car before you have a license.

They should provide the car. If you were not all scared like little kids of Big Government. Man Up America!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Me, I back up, a lot, just to keep my eye/hand/foot coordination sharp and my mind occupied. I kinda like to do it in the motor home in a campground to show others how easy it is if ya know how. About 8 out of 10 guys with an RV of any kind make it into a 30 minute long production. She's out there paying no attention to IF he can see her hand gestures in his mirrors and if he could he probably wouldn't be able to understand them anyway, she's getting more angry by the second... and he's cussin' and slamming the steering wheel with his fist or arm and hollering out the window I CAN'T SEE YOUR HANDS!, or hollering into their walkie talkies, all red in the face. And pulling out to try again about every 2 minutes for maybe 15 minutes before he gets out to look and then get back in to do another pulling out'n backing in for like 20 minutes and then, finally SHE accepts it wherever it is. To find out his water line won't reach or his electric cord is too short, and back he goes to moving it again, while she stands off to the side with her hands on her hips or her arms crossing her chest. I've seen some leave the camp ground then; it's too embarrassing for them. I ask myself why they don't go to some large parking lot and practice.

My wife buy an ice cream cone or burger and go sit in large parking lots many times just for enjoyment. We get a real kick out of watching people that can't back up, or cant do it very well.

They stop like 20' away from anything behind them and then crank the wheel to the stop, tires screech and they can't make it so they back up again so they can crank the wheel just as hard to miss what is in front of them by only a foot but can leave. Many times there is nothing behind them but lines on the pavement.

While there I especially like pointing out to the wife those people coming out of a store etc. that look to me as if they are going to have a problem finding their vehicle. She gets angry because it is by far mostly women (calls me a sexist), and a lot of them that wander around hands full of bags or pushing a loaded down cart with a kid on their hip across aisle after aisle after aisle for 6-8 minutes to come back to about the 2nd aisle from where they started looking and finally find their vehicle; usually an SUV. Sometimes when she walks back past me I'll say, they just brought it back and parked it over there... many laugh.

I pick out people that I think won't put their cart in the collection area, they try to get it to stay in one spot long enough for them to walk away from it, or put the front wheels up on a curb or, put it between their vehicle and the one next to them..., I really dislike that.

We really enjoy gas stations on a busy holiday weekend like this past weekend. We look for those people (mostly from California here in AZ) that won't line up to one line, they like to sit in the middle so they have a choice of two lines, with like 2 car lengths between them and the car in front of them. They usually cause traffic to be blocking the entrance with someone's back end out on the street. We question why someone would stop on the street instead of going a 100 feet farther to the other entrance... and we laugh at them until the tears flow. Saturday evening we saw a guy back between two cars at a 90 at the 'back' (first) pump and use the hose from the pump on the other lanes' front end pump.

We like the GM I believe it is vehicles that have the fill port on the passengers side, opposite from normal. Once they get going the wrong way, it takes about a half hour for the lanes to get back to normal. We really laugh at them when they don't think about filling on the right side until they get to the pump and get out, run their CC and pick up the hose and it can't reach... Young ladies are great for that. Or, they get to be next at the back/first pump and then think about it and pull out to get inline somewhere against the flow and then don't want to back up to get out of line when they are done fueling.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Over the years I have found it far more satisfying to laugh with folks rather than at them.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
A girlfriend sent this, and I found it quite funny,
lol.

Have any of you experienced this sort of thing? (What is missing is the picture of 2 bathroom stalls):

The other stall

Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me,
But I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"??

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"
Then I hear the person say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Keystone had a funny commercial like that

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Peanut, shucks, I have no sound on my laptop, I can't hear what they are saying! It looks funny though :)

Cookie

Reaction score
The other day I was on the small cordless phone at work, walking around with it talking about cutting down my own tree. I work with a woman at work, that makes me wonder how she finds her way to work each morning, or even to her car but, I was standing near her while on the phone when I said, to the other person on the phone, " I got this tree which has been growing under my Rhodie out front, it is as tall as me, (5 feet) and rather than try to dig out the roots I am going to cut it and use it this Xmas."

Well, then, I hear her ( my co worker) telling me about her using her artificial again this year. I was listening on the phone to the other person who was telling me, that her husband is going to go to some farm and cut one down, so, I answered her saying, " how big of one is your husband going to cut one down?" Again, my co-worker answered me saying, rather loudly, " YOU KNOW MY EX HUSBAND WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME!"

I started to walk away and then, she yelled over to me, that I was being rude in walking away, lol.

I want a new job. :)

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Cellphone use is a competitive thing.
I was cutting keys for some customers. Two had finished and they simultaneously whipped out their cell phones. No coincidence.
And of course they blocked other people from getting to the key desk.
What good is having a cell if others can't see you using it?

And it's getting worse.

Cookie

Reaction score
Aw, shucks Gary, I am just from the old school because of my age of 102, OH, wait, I am only 56, I feel like 102 lol, anyways... I believe in helping those I can. In my opinion, everyone should try to make a difference. I feel fortunate that I have been in the position whereas, I was given the opportunity to.

For example Gary, when my husband was alive, and I still do this to this day but alone, if we ever noticed someone looking for their car, especially, if they had a child, we would offer to help.

We always offered help. To those looking for their car, to those short of money at the check out line, my husband paid for quite a few others' prescriptions while waiting for ours, yeah, we always offered to help not laugh at those who need help.

This can make a big difference in your own life and how you live it, and perceive it. I never once regretted any help I offered another, I have only regretted in not doing so.

How ironic those who seem so unhappy, look for meds to give them it or look for ways to make theirselves look better at someone else's expense, they will feel better for that moment. But, true happiness is found within and with giving. That provides a life time of happiness and self-satisfaction.

You know Cookie, they aren't taking them.

What are they called, something like common sense enhancers?

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Aw, shucks Gary, I am just from the old school because of my age of 102, OH, wait, I am only 56, I feel like 102 lol, anyways... I believe in helping those I can. In my opinion, everyone should try to make a difference. I feel fortunate that I have been in the position whereas, I was given the opportunity to.

For example Gary, when my husband was alive, and I still do this to this day but alone, if we ever noticed someone looking for their car, especially, if they had a child, we would offer to help.

We always offered help. To those looking for their car, to those short of money at the check out line, my husband paid for quite a few others' prescriptions while waiting for ours, yeah, we always offered to help not laugh at those who need help.

This can make a big difference in your own life and how you live it, and perceive it. I never once regretted any help I offered another, I have only regretted in not doing so.

How ironic those who seem so unhappy, look for meds to give them it or look for ways to make theirselves look better at someone else's expense, they will feel better for that moment. But, true happiness is found within and with giving. That provides a life time of happiness and self-satisfaction.
Cookie... girl ya need to find a sense of humor. And no you aren't too old yet.

I'm wondering if there's not a government program for 'those' people. Or at least a brochure with pictures'n diagrams showing them how to back up properly. I don't know what we'll do with them that can't find their cars in parking lots. Government issued portable GPS units maybe.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ole' man, you confuse humor with ridicule. I bet your wife finds you as funny as a barrel of monkeys.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Ole' man, you confuse humor with ridicule. I bet your wife finds you as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
She does laugh a lot when I do and say things. Maybe she's laughing at me, ya think?

Cookie, FYI, I have been giving money, time, labor and materials for about as long as you have been alive but tell me how you help someone find their car when you didn't see them park it.

Cookie

Reaction score
You ask them what it looks like.

Funny, I didn't realize you were approaching 90.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks