I'm at my brother-in-laws, and they have an old fuse panel with 60A service (the panel says 1933 and sorely needs to be brought into the modern world). Somewhere down the line, I'll probably help rewire the house. It's a small house with an electric dryer and stove, no central air, and gas for the WH and furnace. We'll pay someone to upgrade the main feed and meter, but I'm wondering what level of service is likely to be required or recommended? Would a 100A service be sufficient in this situation? Or, maybe 150A?

I told him to check with the local inspector, but looking for some thoughts in advance. Probably won't get done until maybe spring.