(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat downs

Let's also add that a few countries came a little late to the game.
    LOL but take all the credit for winning!

Also I think that graph should be updated, I know Canada was considered part of the UK at that time but we contributed from day one and deserve to be recognized as a country.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I find it incredible that the rich here have such a sense of entitlement to not paying taxes. I would have thought their parents would have raised them better.

Given they are responsible for 80% of the contributions to the tax base... I believe they deserve entitlements.

40 unskilled americans working low level entry jobs can't possibly make the same tax contribution to a millionaire that dwarfs the 40 who are at poverty level.

But it's not about having a pity party for those who didn't do for themselves.

If the wealthy disappear, then the real problems begin.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome2877 View Post
    LOL but take all the credit for winning!

Also I think that graph should be updated, I know Canada was considered part of the UK at that time but we contributed from day one and deserve to be recognized as a country.
    Over the course of the World War II war, 1.1 million Canadians served in the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Of these more than 45,000 lost their lives and another 54,000 were wounded.The financial cost was $21,786,077,519.12, between the 1939 and 1950 fiscal years. By the end of the War, Canada had the world's fourth largest air force, and third largest navy. As well, the Canadian Merchant Navy completed over 25,000 voyages across the Atlantic. Canadians also served in the militaries of various Allied countries.

By D-Day, June 6, 1944, the landings at Normandy were accomplished by two beachheads made by the American forces at Omaha and Utah, two by British forces, Sword and Gold, and a final one at Juno made by the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division penetrating farther into France than any other Allied force. After the Normandy landings, a Canadian spearhead drove northeast into the Netherlands, which Canada liberated not long after.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

One of the reasons Canadians were so successful during the war, and have been since, is that they seem to have this ability to own guns without shooting one another. For some strange reason, they seem to be able to use guns just to hunt or shoot the enemy during combat and not turn on their neighbors.

Not so in America.

It's a miracle more troops aren't killed here from friendly fire, judging from the gun crime statistics. Perhaps this is why I see so many American troops walking in their camoflaged uniforms around Washington DC? It's probably the best way for them to avoid getting shot from a fellow citizen.

But the Constitution says it's allowed for people to own guns. So that's OK then?

Nope.

The result of this badly written piece of whatever is over 52,000 deliberate and 23,000 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States every year. Add to that another 16,000 gun-related suicides and another 8,000 gun-related murders and you kind of get the picture that Americans are just not clever enough to own guns. Even the Founding Fathers couldn't cure stupid.

Deprived of a good, Government-funded education, it's American kids that don't seem to know what they are doing with daddy's gun. But perhaps daddy should have thought to to lock it away? He probably didn't learn that either because his parents couldn't afford to send him to a good school. They were too busy trying to pay for great grand pops' health care.

But Canadians seem to do just fine.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-02-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

I go to the airports just for the pat downs and i don't even have a flight going out (i'm very lonely)
    I would go through the body scanner if they let me keep a copy of it i think it looks cool.

The future is now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CX9Agzeh-c
    Last edited by Peanut9199; 12-03-2010 at 07:01 AM.

If God had intended for man to fly he would have given him wings.

Flying has become very inconvenient these days. I remember not that long ago, tipping the sky cap and getting royal treatment. Hardly any point now, they shuffle us about like so much cattle. I really miss the peanuts too.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Flying First Class is OK, which I do from time to time. I enjoy the caviar, the pyjamas, the slippers, the duvet and the pillow.

And the attendants are always pleased to see you. Unlike in business class.