Pot filler faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

PBB

Reaction score
I bought a Eurostream pot filler faucet (made by Danze) and am experiencing problems with it.

I am on the second replacement and all have leaked from the top of of the first articulated joint, the one nearest the wall.

Nothing leaks when the faucet is not used, but the minute the water is turned on some water starts coming out of that area and creates a puddle underneath it.

Getting hold of the technical support over the phone is quite a challenge as one is put on hold for extensive periods with the same message asking to call later on because of the "unusually high volume of calls" (how can it be unusual if it is like that every time I call over a two week period? But I digress).

The one time I did reach the company, I was told that they had no replacement parts for these and would simply provide a complete faucet. They then realized that this model was back-ordered so asked that I get a replacement from the store I bought it from.

Well these replacements all have the same problem!

Looking at the schematic I see that there are numerous O rings in these articulated joints. The two O rings that are on the base attached to the wall and to which the faucet itself attaches, and that are readily visible without disassembly, look pretty poor as they simply don't look perfectly round, having flat spots and little S curves in them

I realize that this a Chinese product and wonder if that is a factor?

Should I spend more on a better faucet?

Do they all attach to the same sized 1/2 " threaded nipple now installed in the wall?

What is wrong here?

Is this just a bad design or is it a bad production batch or have I missed something in the installation?

Any help would be much appreciated at this time.

Thanks confused:ks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"O" rings are NOT usually visible without disassembly, so I am not sure what you mean by that. Most, if not all, pot fillers are 1/2", and I would normally recommend almost anything other than Danze.

PBB

Reaction score
There are two visible o rings on the base plate that screws in to the nipple that comes out from the wall. Obviously, once the faucet is installed these are not visible, but they sure are as you install the thing. I do have my doubts about the quality of Danze. Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is a brand by the Schenzen Globe Union Chinese Industrial Faucet Company. Does that answer your question??

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Their site list the o-rings in inches, if you have any that are not round or have nicks in them you should be able to get replacements at a plumbing supply, if you decide to do that put some petroleum jelly or plumbers grease on them before you hook them up.

PBB

Reaction score
hj,

I know it has no bearing on the leak from the swing joint, I was only saying that the two O rings I could see without disassembly look like they are pretty poorly made, which does not inspire much confidence in the product generally, and makes me assume that one or more of the three various sized O rings in the joint itself is (are) probably just as bad.

Main thing: as a DIYer I always assume that I am, somehow, responsible for anything that goes wrong, but the installation appears fine so that, in this case, I have reached the conclusion that the faucet is bad, design-wise or manufacturing-wise, or both.

BTW with those long pipe lengths cantilevered out, are those pot fillers always prone to leakage from the joints?

I would assume that a series of three O rings in the joints should be sufficient to make them water-tight, although it seems that this Chinese concern can’t really turn that trick.

Thanks!

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
dornbracht tara
extendable
extendible
extensible
These are the key words to use to get to images on the web. Also: wall-mount

Dornbracht patented extendable spouts in 1950. They don't leak.

I think the most knowledgeable person to tell you more, and not far from you, is Jacques jfarmer (@batimat.net or @emcoltd.com) (consultant for Emco Thalassa Batimat) ; after I asked him a lot about this faucet and the Meta.02, he went and got it for way less than its apparent price.

Also extendable are
Newform Moony 3140
Newport Brass 948/26
Dornbracht Meta.02

pat, hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks