(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: can't find this shower valve cartridge-see pics

Default can't find this shower valve cartridge-see pics

I pulled this cartridge and can't seem to locate the brand. The trim ring says Delta, all of the body sprays are Delta, but there are no markings on the valve or the cartridge. I have tried my local Delta dealers and talked to Delta customer service. They all say it's not a Delta. The customer says it was installed about 4 years ago. The supply house where it was purchased is now out of business. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? The 2 disks at the back are ceramic if that helps. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I went through all the common ones from A to Z and found nothing even similar to it.

Thanks for looking. That's the problem I'm having too. I spent hours looking online yesterday with no luck. Looks like it might be time for all new.

"all new" can be a tall order in the shower. I do not recognize it as anything Delta. and more importantly , one of our really senior gurus, hj, does not either. When Methusela ( aka wheelchair) chimes in, that will be the ultimate end of story! The technology has the look of something 30+ years old. Is that correct, or do you think it is younger?

People have been known to "make do" with an escutcheon of any brand they can make fit. We would like to see a pic. of the handle, because I don't recognize any Delta handle that would fit on there.

If you think that the brand may really be an original Delta, check with your local plumbing supply house...see if they have a contact at Delta you could email the pics to.

Thanks jimbo. I didn't take the handles, left them at the customer's house. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to find this cartridge. I have been to local Delta dealers, none have seen anything like this. I have also talked to Delta customer service. Everyone is pretty sure it's not a Delta. I don't really want to change shower valve, especially since this is high end with body sprays and overhead spray. We have a couple of suppliers left here in town that I haven't tried. I'll check them next week.Thanks for looking.

Smile

Also the house is only four years old, but it could have sat on the shelf for awhile