(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: cole and massey PIX 34 brine refill not working

Default cole and massey PIX 34 brine refill not working

hi,

stats: cole and massey PIX 34 (serial 65711-00339419) , rated at 8gpm. about 9 years old.

all cycles in the regeneration phases appear to be working...except when it gets around to the final brine refill. nothing seems to happen.

Not sure if this is related, but oddly, when i took the back off the head, it says on the gauge for ''lbs of salt" it points to about 10 (on a scale of 6 to 36), but the salt is about where it should be...and I estimate it would have to closer to 30 pounds in there.

thx

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evanm View Post
    hi,

stats: cole and massey PIX 34 (serial 65711-00339419) , rated at 8gpm. about 9 years old.

all cycles in the regeneration phases appear to be working...except when it gets around to the final brine refill. nothing seems to happen.

Not sure if this is related, but oddly, when i took the back off the head, it says on the gauge for ''lbs of salt" it points to about 10 (on a scale of 6 to 36), but the salt is about where it should be...and I estimate it would have to closer to 30 pounds in there.

thx

The scale is the amount of salt used per regen. The higher the number, the more water that will be added to the salt tank. 1 gallon of water will disolve 3 pounds of salt. So since yours is set to 10, that means the unit will add a little more than 3 gallons of water during brine fill. If this is not happening then the brine flow control is stopped up. Disconnect the brine line from the valve (5/8 nut). Remove the brass fitting (3/4 fitting) from the valve. Using needle nose pliers, remove the flow control keeper and the brine flow control will come out. Check for debri in the center hole. When replacing the flow control, make sure the number face the valve.