Mansfield toilet overflows

Users who are viewing this thread

noel marais

Reaction score
I have two new Mansfield toilets; one works fine, the other periodically overflows because the trip lever gets stuck and doesn't drop down. It seems like a simple problem but how do I fix it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes a new lever helps, if the one you have is sticking.
Overflowing the bowl? That would mean the bowl is plugged.
Using a plunger or closet auger can help with that, though the builder grade Mansfield Alto model is not one I recommend. We remove and dispose of those all the time.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A toilet has an opening to the drain, so anything added to it should just go down the drain if it is liquid. A solid might temporarily block it until you had the full force of the tank releasing during a flush, but just a water leak into the bowl would just flow out. So, either the toilet trap or the drain line has to be plugged if it is overflowing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks