toilet flange hight

Users who are viewing this thread

rrekih

Reaction score
My flange is 1/2in to high, the floor is finished.
I need to space the toilet up approx. 1/2in.
What is the best way to do this?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best way is to replace the flange. A flange should be set on top of the finished floor and be screwed down to the sub floor. Of course if you don't care that the job would be a "hack" job, you could build up the floor under the toilet. The toilet must set firmly on the floor regardless of how it is done. My advise is to bite the bullet and do the job right now rather than living with a handyman special.

rrekih

Reaction score
I am unable to put the flange down on top of the floor.
When the pipe was installed to keep the flow angle proper I had to put the flange at this height.
To get it any lower would meant having to rip out much concrete, the main stack etc etc.
I am aware of the toilet sitting on a secure base.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Then your choices are pretty limited. You can either put the toilet on a 1/2" platform or raise the entire bathroom floor 1/2". I suppose I would opt for 1/2" tile under the toilet. I'd work it under the tile so the flange was supported and square it out beyond the toilet skirt.

rrekih

Reaction score
This is pretty much what I thought.
Just looking for another solution if it was there.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks