(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: Keep on doing what you do

  1. #16
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    He has gone to all the forums I post in and done his best to get me banned. IIRC he has failed everywhere. He has been successful in getting anything that could be wildly considered as "advertising" removed from my posts or the posts deleted.

    He has also contacted many plumbers here and seems to be successful in getting them to stop posting here.

    Andy CWS (AKA Chevy427, big dripper, etc. ect. etc.) has done the same thing at many forums. That started in 2002 IIRC.

    They report post and otherwise whine and complain to mods and admins like little kids and do their best to get me banned. As Barney Franklin (AKA Bob999) has here along with Water Dude (AKA Skip Wolverton, biermech etc.).

    ps. all the AKAs have been banned here with about 4+ years of Andy's (AKA checvy427) posts having been deleted. And I have not been banned from a dozen forums.[/QUOTE]



    Quote Originally Posted by another voice View Post
    Nobody stopped posting here because of that post. Though since you say they did, in your mind it must be so but rather than postulate on that theory why not head on over to the zone and just ask them outright. Furthermore, while you are asking you might ask how many of them I cajoled into stopping their posts here, the answer would be none. You have this paraniod notion that we are all plotting against you somehow. We are not now and never have. Your proplems are all self induced. You tried to pull your usual crap at DIY Chatroom a couple of months back and the moderators did their job and shut that down, though they did not ban you did they? And, now, you don't post there anymore because you know the mods won't put up with your crap.

    Thanks for re-posting that post. Note that it was posted in the Trades Only forum which is not visable to the regular non professional membership. It was also posted a PZ, another trades only forum. It was and still is a pretty good article on one of the many problems facing the plumbing trades today. It is a valid point of view and it is shared by a good many LICENSED PLUMBERS. And note that the thread was rolling along just fine with a lot of constructive talk until you decided to jump in and muck it all up as usual. Note also that it is because of your ability to AGITATE ( your favorite word) that you time and time again manage to drive members to the point where they say things that probably should have not been said. Read into it what you will, you had no business in that discussion in the first place because you are not and never have been a LICENSED PLUMBER or licensed professional.
    Was it 35 yrs as a plumber (in daddy's plumbing business), most as a master plumber, 5 yrs teaching kids plumbing and 15 yrs as a plumbing inspector and codes guy with gas certification, in like 5 States I think you've said, and you can't get a handle on quoting correctly!! And you get all emotional and sound like you've had too many adult beverages by noon like a lot a old bald guys with beer bellies do. LOL

    Seriously, you lied about being Wally Hayes (he's my brother remember?) and Peter Griffin..... and wanting to get me banned. Why should anyone believe anything you say now after being banned as Wally Hayes, and Peter Griffin? Frankly I don't believe you're from NH, Maine or MA.

    Ya lost on your threat to get me banned ya big dummy. Go back to PZ, or any of Nathan's sites etc. and BS good plumbers into not helping DIYers and run themselves into a bad local PR problem. Cost him money because DIYers don't show up on his forums because of the anti-DIY stance there. You can talk about your problems here and me to your heart's content

    Bob999 (AKA barney franklin).... et al, many if not all forums capture poster's IP addresses, some show them to the public on every post. Hint, many if not all forums can ban IPs and ISPs/hosts/domains if needed; and if you don't like it here, you're free to leave, or not post here, or to not come back before you're not able to come back. It's your choice and your sole responsibility for any choice you choose to make. It will be your sole responsibility for a choice that has to be made for you by others because of what you've said here.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  2. #17
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Gary, you just dont backfill around well casing that is allowing surface water to enter a well, there is a proper procedure to it. That is my point, there is much more to it than what you assume, and i remember what you said there is no need for me to go back on anything because it would just give me a headache. I dont care what kind of well work other people do, i only do it the right way so if someone is going to ask my opinion on an issue such as surface water entering a water well, then i will tell them to contact a professional to have it inspected and sealed properly. They should in fact hire someone that is licensed and qualified because most out there have to go by strict guidelines. If some out there dont do it the way it should be done, it doesn't mean that we all do it wrong. You seem to twist and turn things until people just get fead up with you to a point where they start ripping into you and that is your strategy because you know the moderators know nothing about how certain well issues should be resolved but they wont put up with the arguing.

    waterwiz

  3. #18
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Gary,
    didn't you just call someone a LIAR and a BIG DUMMY???? So where are the moderators now??

    waterwiz

  4. #19
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Franklin View Post
    AKA Bob999 TWEAK--if you go back to the beginning of the thread I think it is pretty clear that the point of the thread is dissatisfaction with the moderation on the board. The treatment of Gary Slusser as compared to other posters is the basis for the dissatisfaction with the moderation.

    The fact that Gary Slusser chose to post--and say nothing about the moderation but to again attack other posters--past and present--just demonstrates why the tolerance of his behaviour is such a sensitive point.
    I say it is more about dumping on me because Peter Griffin was banned (again) but, when you report posts like you have Bob, sooner or later someone contacts the 'violator' and asks questions and/or makes statements concerning banning etc. if things don't change.

    When I was contacted, due to you reporting my posts, I took the time to calmly and accurately discuss your sensitivities and show that it was you that got personal by name calling etc.. BTW, I used your posts to do that.

    I've done the same with a number of those that have been banned here in the last 18+/- months. So I, and obviously Terry and mods see it as your and their own words being responsible for whatever happened to you and them.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  5. #20
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterwiz View Post
    Gary, you just dont backfill around well casing that is allowing surface water to enter a well, there is a proper procedure to it. That is my point, there is much more to it than what you assume, and i remember what you said there is no need for me to go back on anything because it would just give me a headache. I dont care what kind of well work other people do, i only do it the right way so if someone is going to ask my opinion on an issue such as surface water entering a water well, then i will tell them to contact a professional to have it inspected and sealed properly. They should in fact hire someone that is licensed and qualified because most out there have to go by strict guidelines. If some out there dont do it the way it should be done, it doesn't mean that we all do it wrong. You seem to twist and turn things until people just get fead up with you to a point where they start ripping into you and that is your strategy because you know the moderators know nothing about how certain well issues should be resolved but they wont put up with the arguing.

    waterwiz
    I didn't tell the guy to do this'er that, I said he could do it and here's how. And when you answer an OP's question, you can tell him anything you want to tell him but, your problem came from you telling me how wrong I was for saying how I might or would do it if it was mine, as you are again right now. And there is no law or code etc. against me doing that. As far as I know, as yet, the OP gets to make up his own mind of what and how to do whatever he decides to do on his property in that situation. And this certainly is not about you going out to his house and doing it for him where you have to follow certain codes, restrictions etc.. Your problem is you being anti-DIYer with statements like this; "They should in fact hire someone that is licensed and qualified".

    And yes I called Another Voice (AKA nhmaster, wally Hayes, Peter Griffin, Guest) A LIAR because he is and I can prove it. psssst.... the bald fat stuff, a... that was a joke sammy. And for all I know, he may be lying about growing up in his daddy's plumbing business, or, even being a plumber. He may be a baker, or a plumber wannabe; you do know he's anonymous right?

    Suggestion, why don't y'all get together like you do here and go start your own forum, you can run it anyway ya want? $3 a month or less for hosting and the software is free if you use like pHpBB3 etc.. Send me the url and I can post for a while to get it going for you sensitive types. You could call it (note I didn't say ya have to) www.garysbitchers.us
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  6. #21
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by another voice View Post
    It is yet another typical indication of how you treat people and the results that you always seem to get. I will damn well quote any way I wish and if you don't like it then don't read it. But I'm glad that you%2
    I guess you're saying I am a good salesman with me gittin' ya do what I want'n all.

    %2? You're all emotional again'n obviously can't see the keyboard.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  7. #22
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    5

    Default

    People just dont come here to be a do it yourselfer, most are just looking for some sound advice on what their problem could be. Gary if you have never properly sealed a well before, maybe you should let someone who has, help people out instead of causing a bunch of rant and confusion.Terry if you dont see the problem here then maybe you do have some kind of inside deal with this guy.

    waterwiz
    Last edited by waterwiz; 11-20-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: added more content

  8. #23
    Homeowner Thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    I come to find out that the movie "Cool Hand Luke" is a mandatory must-see for managers so they know how to handle the Luke types in their ranks.

    This thread should be a mandatory must-read for forum admins & newbies, "you betcha'!"
    Last edited by Thatguy; 11-20-2010 at 04:42 PM.

  9. #24
    DIY Member Joe Six Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anchorage AK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I can't remember what cool hand luke did. That was a movie? So how did the handle cool luke? and why did they say he had a cool hand. Don't the mean hot hand. I hear people say, he's got a hot hand. They say that for basketball, i've heard themsay that.
    Joe Six Pack

  10. #25
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Barney Franklin ( mailto:***ofiler@yahoo.com ) has reported this post:

    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?39128&p=278533#post278533

    This is the reason that the user gave:
    This post contains a quote that has been doctored by Gary Slusser
    ************
    Bob999 (AKA barney franklin) when you report a post, make sure to read the original post and pay attention so you get it right. As we see below, another voice (AKA nhmaster et al), edited out what I quoted after I quoted it. Also, note that he blames me for what he types and how he types it.

    Here is a copy of the edited part.
    .... I will damn well quote any way I wish and if you don't like it then don't read it.
    Last edited by another voice; Today at 03:27 PM. Reason: Gary
    **********

    Now reading your report claiming that I doctored a quote.... liar liar comes to mind, but it isn't any of your business anyway.

    I'm thinking you shouldn't remain here much longer.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  11. #26
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
    I come to find out that the movie "Cool Hand Luke" is a mandatory must-see for managers so they know how to handle the Luke types in their ranks.

    This thread should be a mandatory must-read for forum admins & newbies, "you betcha'!"
    I always tended to favor Luke more than The Boss...

    What we got here is failure to communicate.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  12. #27
    Homeowner geniescience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    humid summers hot, humid winters cold
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Terry,

    A thread gets opened by an Originating Post, and an Originating Poster.

    If you direct people to write to the OP only, and not to write about other people's answers, you will solve a number of problem with this one tactic. This means that replies will contain the word "you" to refer to the OP and not to someone else whose previously-posted reply may be perhaps in error.

    I side with the OP here and I hope you implement something different in 2011.

    DAvid

  13. #28
    Homeowner Thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Six Pack View Post
    That was a movie?
    he's got a hot hand. They say that for basketball
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Hand_Luke

    I had to work for two years as a clerk in a hardware store.
    First my supervisor thought I was the Incredible Hulk.
    Then he thought I was Luke.
    Then I was gone after I threatened legal action against the insurance/benefits/pension guy who tried to defraud me, and a manager.

    My super was right on both counts.




    BTW, Game Theory kind of says there is no hot hand.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=KKw...page&q&f=false
    Last edited by Terry; 11-20-2010 at 11:35 PM.

  14. #29
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bothell, Washington
    Posts
    14,208
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I believe in the "hot hand"

    I remember one family game with friends, touch football. I was quarterbacking one team, and after a while, it was four scores to none. To even it up, I switched over to the other team. I went four scores to none on that team too. Thus each team was tied, but I was eight scores to none. I was able to call every pass that day, in the huddle I would say who the pass was going to. A couple of years later, my brother Shannon said, "At least you weren't able to go with the receiver you wanted to throw to, we made you change your throw."
    Well Shannon, not really. I anticipated all the counter moves in the huddle, a look that way, a double pump that way, but that day it always went the the person that was predetermined in the huddle.
    I would call that a hot hand.

    A different game, in a flag league, six different people on our team threw an interception to the left corner on the other team. We lost 68-0
    Either we all had a cold hand, or that corner was getting red hot.

    The following week, even though the other team had an NFL quarterback that was between teams, we only lost four scores to one. Not too bad considering they were a lot better then the team that beat us 68-0

  15. #30
    Homeowner Thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    If I have this right,
    multiple plaintiffs allege that the defendant

    is grandiose
    abuses power
    is a "dufus"
    damages this forum
    gives bad advice
    is not fair
    uses ad hominem tactics
    has been widely banned
    incites discord
    causes confusion
    is rude
    plays word games
    has a conflict of interest

    The defendant pleads not guilty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •