Keep on doing what you do

Users who are viewing this thread

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry,

I am a member of several forums, some having to do with water well and some just general interests. In all my internet travels MOST forums have members who use that particular forum to generate income. This isn't a bad thing, as a lot of times it meets a mutual need. One thing I have always liked is when people who use whatever particular forum were designated as "Site Sponsors". They were allowed to sell their products and the site received some sort of sponsorship. No different than "Busch Stadium" or "Nextel Cup".

So, that being said, I have just one question: Is Gary Slusser a "Site Sponsor"? I think your members and contributors have the right to know.

By the way, the only beef I have with this particular forum with regards to Gary is that I find his pump and well knowledge to be quite poor and he tends to be quite argumentative and defensive. Gary has never run a well repair business or held a w.w. license, he has never ran a drilling rig, and I doubt he's ever owned a pump hoist, yet he is allowed to dispense knowledge as if he were an expert. I know very little of softners, but you won't find me posting in the softner section (often). I find several things that I disagree with all over the internet but I don't take it personal.

I know Gary you're going to tell me that you were a "Pump Dealer" for 18 years but I think Home Depot has been selling pumps longer than that but I wouldn't run to them for any advice.
How would you feel if I went on the plumbing section and started giving bad advice repeatedly and then got personal and starting attacking everybody who called me out?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Gary is not a site sponser. Contributors? What's that?
I have adsense ads, but they change all the time.

Gary and pumps?
Gary mainly posts on the sofener forum,

The big gripe on wells was that Valveman was posting on the well & pump section.
He sells a valve that a lot of pump installers use.
And no, he's not a site sponser either.

But a site sponser(s) could be a good idea. I have to look into that. Or maybe you know someone that would want to do that.

On the plumbing side I've created a few web sites for plumbers that are posting.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
... I have just one question: Is Gary Slusser a "Site Sponsor"? I think your members and contributors have the right to know.
I support or "sponsor" Terry's site by contributing/posting here and with my web site with a link about the plumbing forum (only) and have done that for many years (about 5+ IIRC). My site including the forum gets 1400-1900 unique visitors (those having never visited before) per month and 90,000+/- hits per month.

That's due to my posting answers to questions on usenet news groups (now Google Groups) from Jan 1997 until sometime after I started doing the same on forums about 2002.

Gary has never run a well repair business or held a w.w. license, he has never ran a drilling rig, and I doubt he's ever owned a pump hoist, yet he is allowed to dispense knowledge as if he were an expert.
Where I did pump work and chemically cleaned a few wells, installed pitless adapters after extending well casing that had been in pits, and replaced jet and submersible pumps and tanks, I was not required to have any license except a driver's license.

I've pulled pumps from over 500' deep but I didn't have a pump hoist/derrick truck because I didn't need one. I had a 2 hp machine that would pull up to 1000 lbs (they claimed) at 50'/minute and a 4x4 PU truck to carry it and my equipment to the well, or I wheeled it on it's own wheels if I couldn't get the truck in. I had the machine for a number of years and prior I pulled pumps alone from 150'+ by hand. I also converted jet pump systems to submersible pumps. The average depth of wells in the area was 200'

I didn't have to run a drilling rig, or know how, or to know how a well was constructed to do those things but I learned how all types of wells are constructed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks