Kohler K-401 Valve questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Pimbley

Reaction score
Hello

A while ago I installed a Kohler Mastershower k-401 valve. Works fine but I'm now ripping out the tub and putting in a walk-in shower.

Q1) Can I re-use this valve? It happens to be discontinued by Kohler, but not sure that's a problem?

Q2) I do now want to use a transfer/diverter to have overhead and hand held shower.The old "matching" 3-way transfer valve (k-405) is also discontinued. There is a new 3-way (k-728) but from the rough in diagram dimensions, it would need to be set back from my valve. Not sure this is a problem other than making the copper route from valve to 3-way do a dog leg backwards.

Or - should I punt the old valve completely? Given their cost, and trim, I'm hoping to use it.

Thx for guidance.

Pimbley

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are MANY manufacturers who make their valve and diverter differently so they need an offset to make them both fit to the wall properly, so your situation would not be any different.

Pimbley

Reaction score
Thx hj.

Would you use the old valve (5 years old - hardly used)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks