Thank you to Jimbo and Snowman

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you , I found someone to fix the floor.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Plumbers

You must have been talking to plumbers who should have been electricians or something else if they were surly. Most plumbers like their job and go out of their way to be courteous, knowing that it is the best way to build relationships and repeat business.

A

alhurley

Look at it this way - two quality answers is a far better result than 10 or 20 that send you spinning off in different directions and only add to the frustration. The large number of views reflects the interest in your problem. I prefer to think that the fact that only a small number responded means the others had the good sense - and courtesy - to admit that they didn't have an answer. That's quite a contrast to some of the boards where every homer has to drop his nickel into the big orange bucket.

At least that's what I seem to notice hereabouts (and why I rarely go to those other boards these days :D )

-art-

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm with hj, Most contractors that work in service work do their best to help people. I would consider anything else to be very unusual.

If questions aren't answered here quickly, a person shouldn't take it personally.
An answer given quickly without all the information may not be useful.

There is also the time factor. For most of us, this is donated time.
There is much we need to do, like everyone else.
We find little snippets of time when we can.
The people that post here do so with a good heart.
Just by reading their posts, I can see goodness.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
answers

One thing to consider when you do not receive a plethora of replies, is that if someone has already given the correct or best one, there is no reason for me, or anyone else, to pop in and say "me too".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks