Dark register for toe kick

Users who are viewing this thread

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
We just had our kitchen remodeled. The cabinets we put in had to go over an existing floor register so we had to have our toe kick cut out to open up the vent. The hole cut is a 2x14 hole. Our cabinets our a dark deep color and we need a toe kick register to fit that opening. The problem is that the registers we find if they are wall registers don't have vent control or they are not very contemporary looking etc. The only ones I find I like are floor registers but they have no holes for screws or any way to attach to the wall or toe kick. What can a person do to make a floor register work?

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I have found this but none have any screw holes to fit in my toe kick so I can secure it on. What would you propose I do?

6t7gto

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same situation at my brother's and my son's house.
I just drilled holes in the register to secure it to the toe kick.

david

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I kind of figured that but just wanted to know what everyone else was doing and if there was an alternative to that. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks