Duel shower heads

Users who are viewing this thread

pwgsx

Reaction score
I just ripped out my bathtub and am making the area into a shower. Since the area is so long for a shower, I was thinking of putting shower heads on both wallls, only issue is the main big wall is a outside wall and im worried about freezing a pipe. Im in Tx., so it doesnt get that cold but we do get some low 20's and teens in Jan. and Feb. The main water supply comes from a inside wall thru the floor. How would you rout the Hot and Cold to the other side??

First I though cut a notch thru the back wall studs and wrap the copper pipes with that pipe foam stuff. I also thought of going up in the ceiling and down but the attic. I also had a passing idea to run the 2 pipes in between the curb I have to make for the shower since that area wouldnt get cold. Any thoughts?? I doubt if any would be up to code but im looking for functionality. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 181

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
What's in that bulkhead above the shower...a furnace run? So long as you keep the valve and pressurized piping where they are, I think you will be fine so long as you pipe things properly and keep the runs behind insulation. If you are really paranoid, you could install a toe tester which would allow the showerhead lines to drain after use...so long as you sloped the piping properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks