hot cold reversed? single back and forth handle in kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

68malibu383

Reaction score
Hi,
This is a faucet with a single arm on the side of the fixture that you tilt downward at about a 45 degree angle to get water to flow. Then push it back (counterclockwise) and forward for hot and cold. I think hot should be on when pushing handle back (counterclockwise). Is this correct, or should hot be forward? Thank you!

Cookie

Reaction score
Hot is back or to the left.

If you would like to fix the problem go underneath your sink, turn the 2 valves to the off position, turn on the faucet and make sure the water is off, take the 2 supply lines and switch them from whatever they are connected to to the opposite one as long as they will reach. If the supply lines are not flexible, I would suggest that you go to a big box store and buy 2 flexible supply lines and replace what is there with the new lines. This is something that is taught in first year plumbing school. Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Please drop 150.00 in the mail for me. lol Thank you. ;)
Once you become a regular customer you will get a 25% discount off of my regular prices.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
45 degrees downward, back, counterclockwise, and forward may mean something to you, but I cannot figure out where the handle is located on the faucet, or which way the handle is moving. Often with single handle faucets it is just a matter of rotating something 180 degrees to change the orientation of hot or cold.

Cookie

Reaction score
I understand that about Moens but what other ones can that be done with?

45 degrees downward, back, counterclockwise, and forward may mean something to you, but I cannot figure out where the handle is located on the faucet, or which way the handle is moving. Often with single handle faucets it is just a matter of rotating something 180 degrees to change the orientation of hot or cold.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Moen and Delta single cartridge units can reverse their intakes. I only install the occasional american standard faucet or p.i.a. grohe, but I think they can as well.