New vanity, waste smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeVila

Reaction score
I have a manufactured home with ABS plumbing and it used an AV in place of a vent. I replymbed it basically exactly as it was before. The only difference is I used a shielded no-hub connector to transition to PVC. I now smell sewer gas and can't figure it out. I can stick my nose at top of sink bowl and smell near drain and smell nothing. I open vanity cabinet and then smell gets stronger. All connections are tight bur seems as if odor is coming from coupler. Need help ASAP. Will post pics of setup.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Most likely your AAV has failed, or the smell is coming up through the floor from below...meaning you could have a problem underneath the house.

MikeVila

Reaction score
Well did some process of elimination. Took trap apart, water full in trap. Took plumbing apart and plugged drain line, no smell. So I know there's nothing coming from under house. It's either the coupling or AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks