Toto Dual Flush Flange Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott_M

Reaction score
I am having a bathroom remodeled, and would like to install an Aquia III dual flush toilet (CST464). The bathroom has a short run of baseboard heat on the wall behind the toilet.

The back of the bowl is scalloped (tapered?) and will provide the clearance we need. The Toto dealer claims that there is a plastic flange that extends back from the floor drain, and that this model will not fit in our bathroom due to the baseboard heat. The installation manual shows the flange in step 5, Installation of Bowl to PVC Outlet

Can someone tell me how much clearance there is behind the bowl on a 12" rough in for the CST464 Aquia III ? ( Or provide a picture? )

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia III, CST464MF uses the adapter on the right, and two blocks into the floor behind that.

The adapter you dealer is talking about is only used on the CST416M bowl and tank.

More Aquia Pictures

aquia_adapter.jpg

Last edited:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
baseboard heating directly behind the toilet? that sounds like it will cause the tank to sweat, which is perfect for mildew/mold to start growing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
baseboard heating directly behind the toilet? that sounds like it will cause the tank to sweat, which is perfect for mildew/mold to start growing.

And why would heat cause the tank to sweat? Maybe if it was an a/c vent...

If anything, adding heat would minimize sweating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks