Bath tub waste & overflow drain installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

motonutz123

Reaction score
I purchased a drain like the one in the link below and it only came with a part diagram. Does anyone know the proper methods and sequence for it's installation? Does anyone know where I can find a set of installation instructions? I also would like to know if the washer at the drain's elbow goes at the top of the tub or at the bottom. I have an old cast iron tub with a 2" drain opening. Thanks in advance.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/pp_19-020.pdf

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT goes together just like the drawing shows and ALL gaskets go behind or under the tub. NONE go inside the tub. The installation should be so intuitive that I don't know anywhere to find a step by step procedure. Which is also why the only send a parts breakdown. Put the drain in the bottom of the tub, the overflow at the upper opening, and then do whatever is necessary to connect them to the drain tee.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks