Tub/Shower Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

x81sd

Reaction score
073a.jpg
Does anyone see any thing wrong with this tub/shower rough in?

2" branch, 1 1/2" vent, 2" trap reduced to 1 1/2" to pick up the tub drain.

074a.jpg
In particular can the cleanout be in the 1 1/2" vent line? My (the 2" branch line is 64" thus the clean out) I haven't glued this yet so I can change it if need be.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jason

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The cleanout is supposed to be "full size", i.e., the size of the drain line. HOW are you going to access that cleanout if it is under/behind the tub?

x81sd

Reaction score
I have an access panel that will be installed in the wall behind. Table 7-6 of the California Plumbing Code has the minimum cleanout size for a 2" line as 1 1/2" i'm just trying to figure out if it can be in the vent line in this configuration.

x81sd

Reaction score
So if I change the Wye to the Sanitee with the cleanout plug to 2" can I continue after that with a 1 1/2" vent after the cleanout?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Absolutely. Just glue a 2 x 1 1/2 bushing in the top of the c.o. tee. And you CAN use a "cleanout tee" which has a tapped opening for a plug, instead of that sanitary tee and adapter. If you do use the tee, they make a "spigot female adapter" which inserts into the opening so you do not have to use a short piece of pipe. Either of these two ways would let you turn the tee facing the access opening rather than sideways like you have it now.

Last edited:

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about lining up that drain and the lack of an overflow if it is a tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks