A rare look at wood sewer pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
2 saddle tees with a pex jumper

I have heard bad things about Pex. Are you sure it won't ruin the integrity of wood/lead system?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Since your wood main line and lead supply are in place, and you have shown a desire to add tax dollars to the political system for [IM] proper redistribution, I thought you would be getting a permit.

Therefore, I believe they would grandfather in the primitive portions but require an up to date connector. Copper, brass or SS flex may also pass the infinite wisdom of a government on-the-dole inspector.

One thing is for certain by observation, the lead and wood will outlast the PEX.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ripping out my old cast iron and using wood for the natural gas connection from the meter to my furnace and range.

For exposed wiring, I'm also hoping to use elm for electrical conduit.

Is there an approved method to tapping into wood pipe?

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I like it, but run it past your friendly local building department first.

Elm is hard to come by in conduit grade. Try white oak.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I would bet the Chinese candy and cookies are using the same with a pinch of melamine for fun.

And I see an ad for "foaming root 'N clean" popped in here. Maybe the chinese can think of a new way to get that into baby formula.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks