Kinked disposal hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Malibu Jim

Reaction score
I have run into this several times, in my house, and others. The 7/8 inch rubber drain hose from the air gap to the garbage disposal kinks. This usually results when the air gap has been located close to the disposal, but requires several bends to connect it. The disposer cannot be rotated, due to the connection to the drain. What gets me, is that they sell corrugated flex drain hose in 6ft lengths from the dishwasher to the air gap, but I can only find the thick rubber hose (7/8") for the air gap to disposer, which is prone to kinking. The hose is only about 10" long, and installing a longer hose doesn't help.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
The 7/8 inch rubber drain hose from the air gap to the garbage disposal kinks.
If you enclose it in a coil spring, either storebought or homemade w/coat hanger wire, it may resist kinking. The wire forces the hose cross section to be circular at all points along its length. You'll need about 30" of wire.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Use 3/4" copper elbows to reroute the hose. DO NOT make the hose longer or you will create additional problems. It should be as short as possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks