I've got a 170 sq ft shed with a modest roof slope in upstate NY. The paper roof has some ruts and dings, causing a leak. Anyone recommend a procedure for papering it over? I thought I'd cut out the imperfections and cover it with EITHER self-adhesive material like Ice and Water Shield or put down another layer of tar paper, then nail it in place. There's also the possibility of troweling roof cement I guess. Also, I'm not sure whether it's important to pull up the existing stuff down to the plywood.
The sheds in pretty good shape otherwise. Thanks very much!