Water heater, Cooling unit who's work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brother

Reaction score
Was in a little debate about 'whos work this is' discussion. Theres this cooling tower in a building and it has a 'heating element' that needed to be replaced. Basically this unit is like a giant water heater in my opinion.

Some believed it was the 'electricians' responsibility to install the 'heating element' and hook up the wires. I believed it was the plumbers or refrigeration guys(they were the ones who took out the element) to install and mount a supporting bracket.

In my area, the plumbers usually installed the water heaters and replaced the heating elements, and they would get mad when an electrician did this work and took it away from them. Also the plumbers were alowed to do a little wiring for the water heater, basically just disconnecting it and hooking it up.

Since the unit is similar to a 'water' heater, I feel its the plumbers or refrigeration guys work?? What do you think and how are things like this done in your area??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Around here, electricians don't want to work on water heaters. I should think it would be the same there, since they are not equipped to handle any leaks that might develop during or after the repair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks