Toto Guinever flapper leaking AGAIN

Users who are viewing this thread

k9

Reaction score
Terry can you advise once again please.

Installed another new Toto Guinever toilet, the first one we installed about 6 month or so ago had the same problem as this one. The flapper is leaking about an inch of water.
The first one we installed in our house was fixed by replacing the flapper. Toto was great about sending a new flapper out and even sent a proto type for us to try, and thats what did the trick for that toilet.
Now this new toilet is having the same problem. Is this this the norm? after all 2 out of 2.
I'm going to see if this one fixes itself over the next couple of days and if not I will call Toto again.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Wonder if excessive heat during storage might warp the rubber components. Once installed, the water acts as a moderator and the pressure straightens things out, but if it was warped badly before installation, it could be a problem. I've not seen that, but our local temperature extremes aren't as large as they are in a Phoenix summer.

k9

Reaction score
Wonder if excessive heat during storage might warp the rubber components. Once installed, the water acts as a moderator and the pressure straightens things out, but if it was warped badly before installation, it could be a problem. I've not seen that, but our local temperature extremes aren't as large as they are in a Phoenix summer.

Its still leaking a inch of water, I know it was shipped from California though. Im going to call Toto Monday to see if they will send me another proto type flapper.

k9

Reaction score
OK Toto is sending me a new flush valve and flapper.
Long ago I posted when I had this same problem, Terry mentioned to check to see if there were any bumps under the FV Seat. So I checked and sure enough there are 3 bumps of the white porclin drips.
I tried to use emory cloth to get rid of them to no avail, That stuff is hard.
Any other advice?
I have filled up the tank just to the bottom of the flush valve to see if thats where it leaking.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If emory cloth and reinstalling doesn't work, then silcone caulk should work under the flush valve.
You will know soon enough.
Once the tank is full, turn off the water and see if the level drops.

If the water drains out lower then the flapper, then it would be the seal under the flush valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks