(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: faucet identification

Default faucet identification

Can you identify these faucets
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Unfortunately , the label says it all: "Made in China".

There are just tons of factories over there turning this stuff out, and it all looks the same.

There was a time when we had a large...but manageable number...of companies making faucets and shower valves in this country. They tended to make a certain model for many years before changing the design, so there were a lot of them around. Plumbers became familiar with them because you learned by 'seeing and doing'. And each brand was distinctive...as soon as you saw the handles, you knew what it was. Same for the internals....you knew by looking at it who made it.

That is all changed now. All the imports look alike, and they tend to copy a national brand in appearance. Internally, you have to find a distributor who may sell that brand and know the parts.

From the model number label on the side of the shower valve, it is consistent with being a number from Globe Union...glacier bay, seasons, pegasus, danze, gerber, etc. I would call that number and see it they recognize it.....1-888-328-2383

What is the relationship between the three pieces in the lower picture to the valve body in the upper one. A pciture of the piece that went into the valve body might be more helpful than the one of the body itself.

The left is a shower, and the right picture is a faucet that comes out of a wall. The valve is missing, the last owner made off with all the trim, for what ever his reasoning was. There's more picture's a couple of post down from this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 11-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.

In that case, you are probably out of luck with the shower valve unless someone recognizes the "O" ring configuration. For the lavatory faucets you have to remove the "stems" and take pictures of the mechanism from the side and bottom preferably next to a ruler so we can tell the sizes. IF we can identify that faucet, the shower valve may be from the same company.

After looking that that garbage, and the fact that its made in china, my best guess would lean towards it being a Danze rough-in valve. You should start by seeing if you can find a replacement cartridge and then compare it to yours, otherwise, I think you are SOL.
    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me? -Jack Handy

www.blackbirdkitchenandbath.com

Not Danze. I was looking at them the other day for a customer and did not see any which would work with those large "O" rings.