Well-trol pressure tank wx 202 operating pressure question

Users who are viewing this thread

tlpayne

Reaction score
Pressure tank is pre-charged at 38, pump switch cut-in set at 40. Pumps comes on at 40(cut-in) shuts off at 60(cut-out), but pressure in tank ranges from 38 at cut-in and up to 46 at cut-out. shouldn't the pressure in the tank increase to more than just 46 when the pump switch is showing 60 at cut-out? It seems that I'm not getting the full benefit of the pressure tank.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The air pressure in the tank should only be measured when the tank has no water in it.
The way you are rationalizing it you would need to adjust the air pressure in your car's tires depending on the number of passengers.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
my guess is the system gauge is off, and someone adjusted the pressure using it thinking it was ok. If u adjust your switch to cut on at 40 (at tank with good tire gauge) and off at 60 (at tank), then you will be good.

I usually make my switch adjustments using a tire gauge on the tank anyway (I never trust the face gauges).

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
You can measure the pressure in a tank at any time - it must be the same as the line pressure.

You have a bad gauge or tester or tank.

With no pressure in the system, is when you test the tank precharge. After that tank pressure must follow line pressure.

If you know your pump is off at 60, then your tank must also measure 60 at that moment.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks