Toto fill valve leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Maverick_54

Reaction score
My toto toilet fill valve drips at a constant rate approx. every two to three seconds into the overflow. I could use assistance on how to fix the problem. Thanks guys.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses several different fill valves. If you have the one made for them by Korky, stop at Lowes or a local plumbing supply shop for a replacement cap (around $3), and in about a minute, you will have replaced the only seal in the thing. If it is not the one by Korky, then you have to replace the whole thing, as far as I know. You might want to check the static incoming water pressure. If it is excessively high, you may need a PRV and expansion tank. A toilet fill valve seems to often be one of the weakest links, and leaks first under high pressure situations. If you are lucky, you could just remove the cap, check if there is any sand or other thing preventing the seal - clean it off, then replace it and solve your problem.

Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA

RickW10

Reaction score
I have the same issue. We just switched from well water to city water and the pressure is greater, not a lot greater, but greater. The only location where it seems to be a problem is at my Toto toilet where after the flush, the water shuts off, but then after a few hours, it starts dripping. In searching this site, I see the comments about installing a prv. Are there prvs that I would just install at the toilet? The only ones I see at Home Depot are quite large and seem to apply for the whole house. Any thoughts? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you have a water pressure issue, you install one for the whole house. Generally, anything greater than 80 pounds should have one and it generally requires an expansion tank as well. Note, some places install a check valve on the inlet to the water supply to your house. In this case, you need an expansion tank to account for when the WH runs and heats up the water, expanding it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks