Lengthining plastic drain pipes, probably a dumb question???????

Users who are viewing this thread

nelson84

Reaction score
I need to lengthin a drain pipe for a sink in the wall. I need to add about 8 inches horizontally and then have it come out of the wall to the sink. After cutting the pipe and adding the longer section, do I just smear the glue inside the fitting and on the pipe and stick them together? Is it just one type of glue or do I add some epoxy and another type of glue? What I am getting at is what is the glue that is used to glue the black plastic drain pipes? How much do you use? What is the best tool for cutting the black drain pipe? A sawsall???

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need abs glue, put it on the inside of the fitting and on the pipe then push and twist slightly (this spreads the glue nicely) and hold for a few seconds, then wipe the excess glue. The best way to cut abs is with a tube cutter with a plastic wheel, but a hacksaw will do just fine, try to cut as straight as possible and trim off any burrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks