S&K handtools bites the dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Their prybars and large screwdrivers make pretty good stakes for yardlights and landscaping.

The 4" angle grinders are great single use tools, usually dead by the first disc being worn down. Since they cost about as much as a good American grinding disc, you can just swing it overhead by the cord and see how far into the bushes you can toss it.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I just spent $143.74 cents at Harbor Freight today.

A freaking whole shopping cart of goodies. Diamond blades, 3 for $9.99, a new grinder, $8.99, some gloves, tarps, consumables that you'd pay triple at home depot or sears especially.

Even bought a 5lb anvil. Boy I bet those underage workers in India work their kebash off on that one... wonder how that'll break someday!

And those material kits? GOLDEN. I bought a cotter pin kit, washer kit, spring kit, bolt and screw kit for like $23.00 and filled out my workshop toolbox quite nicely. I've never had a fender washer go bad, ever.

They've got ready to assemble trailers for $199.99 4' by 8' foot that have leaf springs. A deal that good had to be worth 7 people from asia working 15 hours straight. LMFAO!!!

I wuv a good deal! Always :)

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Proud purchaser! Got the American flag on your porch too?

The diamond blades work for awhile, but I have a 12" American blade that cost $90 and cut about 25,000 1/4" x 1/4" marble squares for a mosaic. Try that with harbor fright.

Might as well buy the consumables and gloves anywhere they are cheapest. True value sells a driver kit for $8 that would have cost 80$ 40 years ago. That makes sense.

Now, let me warn you about your so called "anvil". You did not buy a anvil, you bought a piece of scrap iron [crap iron] that can take out your eyes and anyone within 50' if you put a hammer to it. Use it as a door stop.

http://www.blackiron.us/anvils.html

And here is a real anvil, considered the best, and US made. Your kids can sell it for more than what you paid for it.

http://www.nimbaanvils.com/index.php

A stump with any part of a railroad track or plate nailed to it would be far safer and better than your door stop, as they make them here and forge them.

Even a nice 60's engine block, with all the pritchet holes and passages good for bending and forming is a better substitute.

My anvil is the bottom half of a steam turbine housing, weighs about 3,000#, and has a gold stampmill base stamper plate [dug it up at the old water mill here]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_mill

tacked on for serious pounding. Top quality forged, alloy steel. No chipping possible. American made and free.

I sure hope I dont get your car with a chinese cotter pin holding the front wheel bearings on. Please reserve them for your lawn mower.

And those are not springs, outside of for a kids toy. The ends break off [too hard] or they stretch out [too soft]

Your "bolts" snap off with a good twist. Save them for the kids wagon only.

You'll be LYFAO when the fake tires on your trailer blow up, or fall off and you and the family end up paraplegics, and the school bus full of kids behind you too. Some savings! Maybe you can pull firewood on the property with it on an ATV...

The grinder is the worst of them all. I bought one once, got a few hours out of it. Took it apart and wanted to puke at its construction. My 30 year old Milwaukee grinder still can run 8 hours a day and I can get PARTS for it too!

Throw it all away and save the gloves.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Get it all out, get it all out. You'll feel better when you calm down.

Your statements would stick if we were not conversing on two computers that were not made by underpaid labor in china. But hey; they did a great job.

You live in your visionary world and I'll live in my realistic world.

Besides; I'm a fat unhealthy american that likes easy and wants to keep as much money in my pockets as possible... I don't give two ****'s who built it or where it came from!

As long as it is on sale, I'm buying it. LMFAO!!!

You got such a love affair going on with your prized posessions that you really need to be on the antique's roadshow and showin' off your stuff, see the true value against what the value is to you.

It's very hard to find an american flag that wasn't made in another country. Google that fact.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
A little bit of hope for American manufacturing:

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/10/131958889/demand-for-u-s-goods-pushes-down-trade-deficit?ft=1&f=1001

Your statements would stick if we were not conversing on two computers that were not made by underpaid labor in china. But hey; they did a great job.

You live in your visionary world and I'll live in my realistic world.

Some good news on the American export engine. Exports of US autos, machinery, industrial engines, and COMPUTERS is way up.

I'm typing on the best in the world, a nice US made CRAY, so maybe you should get one.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks