(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&K handtools bites the dust

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Lucky for us, despite the junk you [we] buy from China, America is still by far the worlds largest manufacturing producer by dollars and range of product. Beats Japan, China and Germany. Loook it up.

Show up on my job as a real plumber without a Rigid pipe wrench and you are going home quick.

That would be like the carpet cleaner coming with a bucket and sponge.

You're making this really easy for me:

You're saying you'll discriminate a worker by the tools he uses, and ignore the work quality or reputation of one's work.

So in this world that you live in, you're saying that you'd hire a mexican in a heartbeat because an american won't show up unless you pay him/her a king's ransom to work, and as long as this 'worker' that fits your bill using the correct brand name tools, he's good for your job.

Don't better yourself thinking OR implying I'd even work for you. I can sniff out anyone with distorted agenda and one of us is far more realistic to where the United States is headed when it comes to unskilled low-level entry jobs.

And another FYI,

I own a 3 piece set of Knipex self-locking channel locks straight from Germany that has proven to be one of the best and reliable tools I've ever purchased in my plumbing career. Never breaks, doesn't wear out and you can force them to do anything if you get the right grip.

Those, I spent money on because I knew the reputation. And once again, I don't fit in your american mold you're trying to pour me into because you think I should ignore everything around and keep trucking with an american flag.

Go start typing responses to me with an american made computer and I'll tell you how many light years it'll take for me to get the message.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Never liked the KNIPEX tools, weird geometry.

Maybe if you bought S&K you would have 4,000 more Ohioans NOT at the winn-Dixie looking for work. and NOT looking to steal those Knipex's or the longdong pliers.

I have bought tools while at stores from France to Moscow, but Rigid and Channel locks still are better.

I have about 80,000 kilometers of distorted agenda driving around Europe of all flavors and compass directions, and I assure you my American flag stayed home. Maybe you need to get out of Ohio more often to obtain a better world view.

How did you mix up Mexicans in this?

They can show up in rags, no bother to me. But yes, if you come with harbior fright tools, sorry....

Instant discrimination and incrimination of your skills and priorities. I would allow a few impact sockets, a canvas tarp and a disposable multi-meter, however. They work.

Master plumber with a Wonhung low-Quong dong pipe wrench? 911 for you as a pro!

PS.... all computers are American "made" since we started the entire program long ago.

Or buy a CRAY, the best and biggest compliments of those alcoholic Americans!
    Last edited by ballvalve; 11-04-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Never liked the KNIPEX tools, weird geometry.

Maybe if you bought S&K you would have 4,000 more Ohioans NOT at the winn-Dixie looking for work. and NOT looking to steal those Knipex's or the longdong pliers.

I have bought tools while at stores from France to Moscow, but Rigid and Channel locks still are better.

I have about 80,000 kilometers of distorted agenda driving around Europe of all flavors and compass directions, and I assure you my American flag stayed home. Maybe you need to get out of Ohio more often to obtain a better world view.

How did you mix up Mexicans in this?

They can show up in rags, no bother to me. But yes, if you come with harbior fright tools, sorry....

Instant discrimination and incrimination of your skills and priorities. I would allow a few impact sockets, a canvas tarp and a disposable multi-meter, however. They work.

Master plumber with a Wonhung low-Quong dong pipe wrench? 911 for you as a pro!

PS.... all computers are American "made" since we started the entire program long ago.

Or buy a CRAY, the best and biggest compliments of those alcoholic Americans!

???

You've got some issues aside from harbor freight.

But I knew I was typing down to you. Your post above proved it.

I've never had one customer in 23 years judge me by the tools I use. It's the expert and the dependability that wins, every single time. Take note of this...

You might learn yet.

Probably they saw your Knipex's and Ridgid wrenches before you pulled out the harbor crap stuff.

I thought dependable experts needed dependable tools, expertly made. Seems like they go together.

Got a bucket of BROKEN pipe wrenches and pieces of chinachannellocks here, and their phillips screwdrivers make great punches after you grind off the tip some 8 year old stamped out.

If you take one side of those broken chinachannellocks and grind the jaw into a small hook it works great for prying ossified washers out of stems. Less of a hook and a little twist for packing washers.

Their prybars and large screwdrivers make pretty good stakes for yardlights and landscaping.

The 4" angle grinders are great single use tools, usually dead by the first disc being worn down. Since they cost about as much as a good American grinding disc, you can just swing it overhead by the cord and see how far into the bushes you can toss it.

I just spent $143.74 cents at Harbor Freight today.

A freaking whole shopping cart of goodies. Diamond blades, 3 for $9.99, a new grinder, $8.99, some gloves, tarps, consumables that you'd pay triple at home depot or sears especially.

Even bought a 5lb anvil. Boy I bet those underage workers in India work their kebash off on that one... wonder how that'll break someday!

And those material kits? GOLDEN. I bought a cotter pin kit, washer kit, spring kit, bolt and screw kit for like $23.00 and filled out my workshop toolbox quite nicely. I've never had a fender washer go bad, ever.

They've got ready to assemble trailers for $199.99 4' by 8' foot that have leaf springs. A deal that good had to be worth 7 people from asia working 15 hours straight. LMFAO!!!

I wuv a good deal! Always

Proud purchaser! Got the American flag on your porch too?

The diamond blades work for awhile, but I have a 12" American blade that cost $90 and cut about 25,000 1/4" x 1/4" marble squares for a mosaic. Try that with harbor fright.

Might as well buy the consumables and gloves anywhere they are cheapest. True value sells a driver kit for $8 that would have cost 80$ 40 years ago. That makes sense.

Now, let me warn you about your so called "anvil". You did not buy a anvil, you bought a piece of scrap iron [[S]crap iron] that can take out your eyes and anyone within 50' if you put a hammer to it. Use it as a door stop.

http://www.blackiron.us/anvils.html

And here is a real anvil, considered the best, and US made. Your kids can sell it for more than what you paid for it.

http://www.nimbaanvils.com/index.php

A stump with any part of a railroad track or plate nailed to it would be far safer and better than your door stop, as they make them here and forge them.

Even a nice 60's engine block, with all the pritchet holes and passages good for bending and forming is a better substitute.

My anvil is the bottom half of a steam turbine housing, weighs about 3,000#, and has a gold stampmill base stamper plate [dug it up at the old water mill here]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_mill

tacked on for serious pounding. Top quality forged, alloy steel. No chipping possible. American made and free.

I sure hope I dont get your car with a chinese cotter pin holding the front wheel bearings on. Please reserve them for your lawn mower.

And those are not springs, outside of for a kids toy. The ends break off [too hard] or they stretch out [too soft]

Your "bolts" snap off with a good twist. Save them for the kids wagon only.

You'll be LYFAO when the fake tires on your trailer blow up, or fall off and you and the family end up paraplegics, and the school bus full of kids behind you too. Some savings! Maybe you can pull firewood on the property with it on an ATV...

The grinder is the worst of them all. I bought one once, got a few hours out of it. Took it apart and wanted to puke at its construction. My 30 year old Milwaukee grinder still can run 8 hours a day and I can get PARTS for it too!

Throw it all away and save the gloves.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 12-06-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Get it all out, get it all out. You'll feel better when you calm down.

Your statements would stick if we were not conversing on two computers that were not made by underpaid labor in china. But hey; they did a great job.

You live in your visionary world and I'll live in my realistic world.

Besides; I'm a fat unhealthy american that likes easy and wants to keep as much money in my pockets as possible... I don't give two ****'s who built it or where it came from!

As long as it is on sale, I'm buying it. LMFAO!!!

You got such a love affair going on with your prized posessions that you really need to be on the antique's roadshow and showin' off your stuff, see the true value against what the value is to you.

It's very hard to find an american flag that wasn't made in another country. Google that fact.
    Last edited by Dunbar Plumbing; 12-06-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Pull that trailer FAST and hit your doorstop HARD!

A little bit of hope for American manufacturing:

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/10/131958...it?ft=1&f=1001

Your statements would stick if we were not conversing on two computers that were not made by underpaid labor in china. But hey; they did a great job.

You live in your visionary world and I'll live in my realistic world.
    Some good news on the American export engine. Exports of US autos, machinery, industrial engines, and COMPUTERS is way up.

I'm typing on the best in the world, a nice US made CRAY, so maybe you should get one.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 12-10-2010 at 09:16 AM.