(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Installing back outlet toilet

Default Installing back outlet toilet

I am getting reading to do the rough-in for a back outlet toilet. I am not quite sure what to do.

I am assuming that I can use a standard closet flange hooked to a 3" sanitary tee. The only glitch I see is that this will make the flange stick too far out of the wall (even with 2x6 walls)?

I can fir the wall out to make-up the difference? Are there any other options? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Default flange

You are probably missing the part about how companies such as J R Smith make "carriers" for that application that will fit inside a wall.

I should have specified that this is a floor-mount back outlet. It was my understanding that these do not need the carrier. Am I wrong? Is the carrier just to keep the plumbing in the wall?

Default Still Trying to install floor mount, back outlet toilet

I talked with JR Smith. They do not have anything that can fit into a 2x6 wall cavity (http://www.jrsmith.com/index/smith_c...cts_index.htm). I also tried looking at other manufactures like Zurn. Still to luck.

What is the trick?

The best thing I am still coming up with is to use a standard sanitary tee with a closet flange. I will have to fir the wall out a couple of inces.

There must be a better way....