Input on well water setup needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Cobble Hill

Reaction score
Hello. Background: I have had my iron filter refurbished due to clogging. I was not given the option of a new unit, which would have been cheaper. I was not told by the service tech that the filter and softener I have require appx 200 gallons each to flush. I have an old small (22gal)wellx tank . I have no well log. I'm guessing at 1 GPM or less.

So, my solution so far. I have purchased a 500 gal poly holding tank. I want to run the wellwater to this tank, then onto a 115v 1hp grundfos jetpump, into a 33 gallon wellrite tank.

My questions are about both the electrical and supply lines.

The deep well is 240v. I was going to use a float switch combined with a flip flop switch to operate the well. This is to keep the well from overwork and reduce the chance of pumping sludge. I was going to run the jetpump from the original pressure switch on a new 110v circuit

I was going to use the well's 1" poly to feed the big tank, and then switch to 1 1/2" pvc reduced to 1" to feed the jet pump,well tank, and onto the filters. I'll be on 3/4" pex after that....

What I'd like to know is...am I making any glaring errors here?

Thanks for your help.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
If you have a limited well supply of water this sounds like a solution however I would include a Cycle Sensor http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/products.html#cyclesensor to keep your pump from running dry.

In addition I would recommend installing a Pside-Kick http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/pdf/psidekick-brochure.pdf instead of the 33 gallon tank. The Pside-Kick will give you constant pressure with a variable flow (when demanded) while preventing the pump from cycling. It will extend the live of your water system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks