receiver for garage door opener

Users who are viewing this thread

yaron

Reaction score
I have stanley et380 garage door motor. the receiver stop working. It got supply of 24VAC from the engine box.

I bought LM138 universal receiver that should work (according to manufacturer) with my motor.

the receiver has 3 wires. two should connect in parallel with the manual switch and the third should connect to the "COM" terminal (i.e 12 or 24 VDC).

I did not find any com point in the terminal. How should I connect the receiver ?
I attached pic of the terminal

thanks
Yaron

Attachments

• stanley.jpg
    stanley.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,598

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Post the install instructions. These hieroglyphics are of not much use. How do you know it is the receiver and not the transmitter?

yaron

Reaction score
manual.jpg

Thanks for your answers.
Attached the install instructions.
The old receiver gets its power from the Engine box, I asked about the new one.
I bought new receiver with 2 remote controls so it is not relevant now where was the problem.

thanks for any advice.

Yaron

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Your wire colors don't seem to match the instructions, but if you believe it is installed correctly then, with a multimeter,
confirm that you are getting 15 to 26 vac into this receiver,
confirm that the voltage across the push button terminals drops to zero when the button is pushed and
confirm that this receiver is drawing some current, possibly dozens of AC milliamps.

Last edited:

yaron

Reaction score
How it end up

The motor is old and you can get only 24VAC supply for receiver.
I add external supplier of 12VDC and it is working fine.
Thanks

Yaron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks