Installing pipe from water heater tank to a laundry machine

Users who are viewing this thread

janjan_376

Reaction score
Hi. our place has 2 water heater tanks(let's call them tank A,& B). Right now, only 1 laundry machine is connected to tank A. I want to buy another laundry machine and connect it to tank B. Before I cut and run a pipe to a laundry machine, I would like to know how I can stop the hot water from running. Please help. Thank you.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The simple answer to your question is turn off the supply. Hot water is expelled from the tank into the pipe by the incoming cold water. Shut that off and no water is released when you open the the hot water line. What concerns me is how you are going to connect the new line. The nature of your question leads me to wonder if you have the know how to do this job. A little more explanation of what you are planning might clear this up.

janjan_376

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you very much for your reply. There's a long pipe connected from the Hot water OUT, this pipe distributes the hot water to all faucets. I am planning to cut pipe and install the T-pipe (copper) so that hot water will also travel to the laundry machine. Please advise if foresee problem. Thank you.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't see any problems. You do have to be able to sweat copper, but it sounds like a pretty basic job. Just be sure you get the water...ALL of the water... out of the pipe you cut before you try to sweat the joint. You may need to drain the water heater down a tad first to make sure there is no water in the pipe. If the lines to and from the tank are flex copper, just disconnect the outlet pipe from the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks