Kitchen Sink Sprayer Hose Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

kelsoz

Reaction score
Hi - I'm just average Joe Homeowner with a pinhole leak in my kitchen sink sprayer hose. Access to end fitting at the faucet assembly seems impossible with other tubes, etc. in close proximity (and, of course, high and rearward and behind sink back wall) Here are my choices in my order of preference:

1: Remove and replace hose - Best, but how? Even a standard basin wrench seems unworkable.
2: Repair hose in place. The location of the pin hole is near the faucet so it doesn't need to flex or pass through the sink hole. Is there a product that will do this for me?
3: Remove sink (and hard-wired disposer) for easy access.
4: Call a plumber.

Are there other choices?

Can you give me insight for 1 and 2?

Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
if the hole is in the hose itself then there is only the remove and replace the hose option...

Its pretty unusual to see a hose with a hole in it most of the time the sprayer is leaking. Are you sure of where the leak is?

kelsoz

Reaction score
Hi Redwood - Yes, with foucet open, this hose gets pressure and shoots out a small diamerter - high velocity stream from a single location along the hose. When faucet is closed, stream continures but dies down as pressure decays.

kelsoz

Reaction score
OK - So that nix's option 2. Any thoughts on others. I'm trying to get a stubby open end in there now.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. There is a special "right angle" wrench for use with spray hoses.
2. NO!
3. You've got to be kidding, right?
4. Best option, because he will have the necessary tools.

kelsoz

Reaction score
Thanks all - finally got it loose with the basin wrench - seemed risky as I had to bend a little metal somewhere - but worked out. All back together. Thanks especially to 6t7gto - Had I seen that early on I'm sure I would have tried that and think it woulod have worked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks