Sioux Chief Arrestor Question

Users who are viewing this thread

bmb2m9

Reaction score
A few months back I plumbed in new laundry supply lines in PEX. I recently read about the Sioux Chief Mini-Resters. I have not drywalled yet, so I was looking at cutting the PEX line near the OX box and adding a mini rester with crimp rings. Does it need to be secured against a stud or anything? Would it be better to use the mini resters that hook up to the supply valves? I prefer the in wall PEX method for aesthetic reasons. Thanks for any help in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They last a long time, but eventually will fail...I'd rather have it accessable. Note that you can get them with a hose connection on them already and you can put it on the washer end, it will be totally hidden, but still accessable. It doesn't have to be at the shutoff. In fact, the closer to the machine's shutoff valve, the better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks