bth and shower

Users who are viewing this thread

janetcal

Reaction score
I am a landlord with a 3 family home. looking to redo the bathroom. What should I do as far as a bth tub and shower for tenants? Should I purchase a sterling unit or just buy a tub and then tile the rest of the tub and unit? I have heard horror stories regarding the 3 piece units in regard to mold and seams coming apart etc.. I need something that is durable and easy to take care of with tenants.. Can anyone advise? Go with the units or do tile?? help thanks Janet

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The fibreglas or acrylic kits are easy to install, but can be damaged by tenants failing to keep clean, or cleaning with the wrong products.

Tile is a little more work to keep clean, but if they let it get moldy , then the worst case is you need to repoint some grout.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The only "single unit" you will be able to fit in there is a multipiece one. The most durable, long term, is tile over a "good tub". My limited experience with Sterling is that they are NOT a "good" tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks